Siuslaw fishing

J
JeannaJigs
If you select the pdf for Chinook you will see it lists deadlines for all coastal streams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
JeannaJigs said:
You absolutely cannot go off of what's in the regular reg book for coastal salmon. They issue salmon regs every July, it is a separate insert but is always available online, but can be found on the counter of any licensing agency. The siuslaw is CLOSED absolutely 100% above lake creek.

(but in this case What She Said!)

the mid-year updates are not a surprise or conspiracy to create violations, here is where the 2014 paper reg book alerts you to the mid-year changes: page 28, under NW zone regs, Salmon and Steelhead, right column:
---------------
Closed in all waters unless noted by species under Special Regulations.
Note: Changes to salmon regulations for the ocean, are printed in the spring and are available at ODFW offices or from license agents. Regulation changes for other water bodies may occur throughout the year and are posted on the ODFW website: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/. Check for new regulations before you fish.
--------------

cheers, roger

Last edited by a moderator:
E
Eoughphily
Thank you all for clearing that up for me. I interpreted it wrong and thought there was no fishing ON lake creek. So now I understand no fishing on the siuslaw up stream from lake creek. Last thing I want is my fishing revoked to a misunderstanding. Do what about steelhead, is that included as well? I have heard people talk that Whittaker is a great place to go for steelhead. Is there a time it IS open ever?

hobster
hobster
Yeah, it's open for steelhead through April 15th usually ( closes earlier downriver). I'm not sure exactly when it opens, but it's too early for steel yet.