Siltcoos Friday

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Igor and I went looking for fish in the afternoon and all we caught were weeds. He won the competition for largest and most weeds.

We checked top end of both arms and by the outlet, did not find fish or see any caught by other boats out in the afternoon. All we saw were some jacks or SRC jumping, maybe 2 adult coho rolled near us...if there are many fish in the lake, we sure didn't get near them...

cheers, roger

E
eugene1
Sounds like my usual day at the Silt.

Don't remember if I said it or JJ or the Thug life, but Siltcoos is a hard mistress to tame. LOL

Nice you guys got out, were you pulling some plugs in the arms or just throwing the spinners?

Best,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
Sounds like my usual day at the Silt.

Don't remember if I said it or JJ or the Thug life, but Siltcoos is a hard mistress to tame. LOL

Nice you guys got out, were you pulling some plugs in the arms or just throwing the spinners?

Best,

just spinners and I tossed a gold/red lil'Cleo a bit...just a few boats trolling around in the arms but looking very skunky....Siltcoos is definitely an all or nothing, hot or cold sort of deal. the fish surge in, then gone. they collect up the arms, then gone.....I am looking forward to seeing if Tahk and TenMile lakes are the same...

I
Igor
rogerdodger said:
Igor and I went looking for fish in the afternoon and all we caught were weeds. He won the competition for largest and most weeds.

We checked top end of both arms and by the outlet, did not find fish or see any caught by other boats out in the afternoon. All we saw were some jacks or SRC jumping, maybe 2 adult coho rolled near us...if there are many fish in the lake, we sure didn't get near them...

cheers, roger

That's me, no weed is safe in my presence! Deadly on sticks too. At least we practiced catch and release today. Wouldn't know how to tag them anyway.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Siltcoos river is really flowing big time, we checked it out over lunch on Saturday, down below 101 at the bridge over to the campground by Siltcoos lagoon. but watching a big stretch of it for almost an hour, not a single jump or roll...I think we need more rain to really invite the coho in...