Siltcoos 10-22-2011 --- 10-23-2011

C_Run
C_Run
You guys always have fun. Good report.

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
I forgot to mention that we only could get into bfj's this trip for some reason. Mikeredding must have taken all the adults when he left. Yeah all these fish were late spawners from last year when they had the dam open off and on. But i could be mistaken since they lacked sea lice they may have just been some bfs's that were on there way to the salt.
I figured thats what was going on since that damn hasn't been open this year. I almost wasn't going to go last weekend. I figured all the fish on my sonar were probably Bass.

S
Santiam338
Nicely done guys and gals..:clap:

B
bigsteel
very nice report and pics,as usual you all slayed them

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Thuggin4Life said:
similar one that wraped itself along with my favorite plug around a log and broke me off. along with a 2+ lb rainbow my personal best trollin rainbow. QUOTE]

dude, we had a close-up view of your battle with the log after that fish messed you up, totally bummed us when it got off. We were trolling around the top of Fiddle (Alumacraft with red top with 2 black labs in the front), no fish for us that day, one big takedown just outside Maple arm that was on for just long enough to get the pole and determine it was a real nice fish, then it spit the kwikfish and was gone...

we are heading back out Tuesday to try in the later afternoon...roger

J
jack_king
mikeredding said:
I figured thats what was going on since that damn hasn't been open this year.

The dam HAS been open twice since Oct 1st. Once on either the 5th or 6th (can't remember for sure) for about a half day, and again on the 12th for two days. About an hour and a half after it opened on the 12th, hundreds of fish moved up QUICKLY! It hasn't been opened since. We need some significant rain before the lake will come up enough that IP has to open it :mad:

There are a few fish each day that venture through the fish ladder, but it appears they are mostly jacks because that's all I've been able to hook into. I see one or two bigger fish roll every morning, but they appear to have lock jaw. It might have something to do with water temperature as the river is about as warm as a luke warm bath right now.

N
nwkiller
Chrome chrome and more chrome.....its true no fish there, the two we lost were just sticks....it was all a joke lol.....nice fish thuggin, next time we should just do a trolling party, especially with your system bumpin, we could turn siltcoos into havasu...and be trolling for the hos the who9le time.

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
J
JeannaJigs
We were being sarcastic about the dam not being open. Too many monkeys think it has to be open for fish to be in the lake, it's retarded. But hey it keeps people home :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i couldn't believe it when that fish just turned and ran under the log. Did you see me try to push it closer to the bank before i left the arm? hopefully it isn't a problem again. Too bad i didn't notice the report we left something at camp that needs to be retrieved and has a bounty on its head.

Yeah i think my finder was on the fritz because i know for a fact that those couldn't have been coho under my boat.

Sticks alway fight like fish. yeah only use the radio during fishing for the duck games. i only bump when running from spot to spot. I'll be out there saturday might see you guys there? havasu, lmao.

thanks guys for the kind words.

N
nwkiller
maybe saturday......ya every picture of fish we have gotten out of there were acually sticks made to look like fish...lol......there is no fish in there, i go for the warm weather...the women, the quiet mornings of shotgun blast.........everyone stay home......the fish andy put up were from last year....lol.......and they seeled the dam shut this year so no fish will be coming.........:cool:

Reactions: JeannaJigs
B
bythesea
Thuggin4Life said:
Yeah i couldn't believe it when that fish just turned and ran under the log. Did you see me try to push it closer to the bank before i left the arm? hopefully it isn't a problem again. Too bad i didn't notice the report we left something at camp that needs to be retrieved and has a bounty on its head.

Yeah i think my finder was on the fritz because i know for a fact that those couldn't have been coho under my boat.

Sticks alway fight like fish. yeah only use the radio during fishing for the duck games. i only bump when running from spot to spot. I'll be out there saturday might see you guys there? havasu, lmao.

thanks guys for the kind words.

Ya. know that they put a chip in them finders to make us think that were see'n fish go by...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I hope Salmon Whammy Dean did better Tuesday than we did, we ran into him at the launch but then it was really dead out there, we didn't even see any other boats hook up or net anything in either Fiddle or Maple......

O
OnTheFly
Thuggin4Life said:
fished the night of and the 30 rack around a fire and passed out. OTF you would be proud.
Nice Job!!! Nice job on the fish too!;)

A
alseaalumaweld
oversized smolts