Salmon reels

F
FG_Fishing8
Looking into getting a new salmon reel, specifically shimano. Looking at the curado 301e but I was wondering if there are any other reels I should check out.

P
playhooky
You might have a look at the new Daiwa Tatula choices out there. Pretty sweet hand full of reel for the money. I was certainly impressed first look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A
AndSand
I have a Shimano Spirex 4000 that I'm happy with. I like it with the rear drag but you can get it with front drag as well.

A
AndSand
AndSand said:
I have a Shimano Spirex 4000 that I'm happy with. I like it with the rear drag but you can get it with front drag as well.

Nevermind, I guess it's a baitcasting reel you're after.

O
OnTheDrop
Tatula is a great reel, but I believe the drag isn't quite up there like you'd want for Chinook. More so Steel/Bass

I like the Curado you mentioned along with the Daiwa Lexa, and Revo toro. Those 3 reels have good drags!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Used my Penn Hi Speed 500 today worked like a charm spooled with Ande 30lb!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
:) Im old school! IMG_0679.JPG

H
hvacr1
The question I have for the op is what technique are you going to use said reel for? Bank or boat fishing?

F
FG_Fishing8
Bank-bobber

H
hvacr1
If your gonna go with a round reel you can't go wrong with the abu c3 or c4 models. It sounds like your looking for low profile though I think you'll be happy with the curado definitely a time tested design.