Salmon catch

B
burlajohnny
9026ec459d14fb8d3a38a281744f002f.jpg
This one was on October 8th, and the next pics were the week before
460933b76eba74937e26511c7b8b4544.jpg17990e4656f060b6987f9f63c54177f4.jpg

S
sapo
nice pics! Is that eagle creek on the clackamas? if it is, what works well there?

B
burlajohnny
sapo said:
nice pics! Is that eagle creek on the clackamas? if it is, what works well there?
Yes, you are correct. Yarn and hook. That is it. They don't bite, except in the early mornings. You have to floss them. After a few tries, you get the hang of it. Good luck!

S
Socaaron
burlajohnny said:
Yes, you are correct. Yarn and hook. That is it. They don't bite, except in the early mornings. You have to floss them. After a few tries, you get the hang of it. Good luck!
Just curious are you trying to start controversy and a mad crazy debate? I know gillplate forward is legal but flossing is glorified snagging. Any fisherman with a sense of ethics and value knows that that is not fishing. So I'm genuinely curious are you saying that to just try and get a rise out of people here?
Also Sapo is not a inexperienced member but if he were the last thing we need on this site is someone giving a new member borderline illegal fishing tips..
Just my two cents and a opinion I'm allowed to have on the matter, "fish" however you want

B
burlajohnny
Socaaron said:
Just curious are you trying to start controversy and a mad crazy debate? I know gillplate forward is legal but flossing is glorified snagging. Any fisherman with a sense of ethics and value knows that that is not fishing. So I'm genuinely curious are you saying that to just try and get a rise out of people here?
Also Sapo is not a inexperienced member but if he were the last thing we need on this site is someone giving a new member borderline illegal fishing tips..
Just my two cents and a opinion I'm allowed to have on the matter, "fish" however you want
What are you talking about? The only way you are allowed to snag in my area is by the mouth. That is "flossing"

D
DrTheopolis
I suppose if you don't know how to fish, flossing is your answer.

I haven't been getting out, but my buddies have been tossing hardware (and not dragging it on the bottom) and bobber fishing (OFF the bottom), and have slayed them through all hours of daylight.

B
burlajohnny
DrTheopolis said:
I suppose if you don't know how to fish, flossing is your answer.

I haven't been getting out, but my buddies have been tossing hardware (and not dragging it on the bottom) and bobber fishing (OFF the bottom), and have slayed them through all hours of daylight.
I DO know how to fish, and I'm very good at it. Just see for yourself. Take yourself to eagle creek. They don't bite a thing! Please don't say I don't know how to fish, because not many people know how to floss them. Take yourself to the place first before you say anything

B
burlajohnny
I thought this forum place were only friendly people, but apparantly not

D
DrTheopolis
Fished it many, many times, but usually at the mouth.

And I've never flossed one, ever... never needed to.

And my buds (who just took 2nd place in the Clackamas Derby, only losing to a bigger boat with more people/limits) have yet to floss one, and have been limiting every time out, running hardware just under the surface.

This forum is extremely friendly, most members here just don't cotton to unethical anglers, which flossers are.

And most importantly, flossing is ILLEGAL. Clearly stated on Page 10 of the ODFW regs.

C
coyo7e
I'm not gonna wade in on snagging and flossing and regulation stuff, but that first fish looks like it died on the side of the bank.. Maybe you oughtn't bother trying to get a hook in that.

B
burlajohnny
coyo7e said:
I'm not gonna wade in on snagging and flossing and regulation stuff, but that first fish looks like it died on the side of the bank.. Maybe you oughtn't bother trying to get a hook in that.
It was because I let it sit in the water after I caught it.... also, it was an accidental lucky catch

1 nut in the water
WAIT!
Let me make some popcorn........

D
DrTheopolis
burlajohnny said:
Then I guess they changed it since last year..

Nope.

Been that way since before you were born.

B
burlajohnny
DrTheopolis said:
Nope.

Been that way since before you were born.
Let's see. this is what they had in the regulation booklet.
" Gamefish which are hooked other than inside of its mouth must be released immediately unharmed."

B
burlajohnny
Doesn't say anything that "flossing" is illegal.

D
DrTheopolis
burlajohnny said:
Doesn't say anything that "flossing" is illegal.

"Taking or attempting to take a fish with a hook and line in a way or manner where the fish is not enticed to
voluntarily take the hook(s) in its mouth."

Right there in black and white.

B
burlajohnny
DrTheopolis said:
"Taking or attempting to take a fish with a hook and line in a way or manner where the fish is not enticed to

Well it was somewhat enticed. Did I say it wasn't?

D
DrTheopolis
burlajohnny said:
Well it was somewhat enticed. Did I say it wasn't?

Yes.

J
JeannaJigs
kids...play nice. That said, even if it wasn't unlawful, flossing is entirely unethical and you won't find many friends on here agreeing with you that it's the only way to catch fish. We have MANY members that fish eagle creek via ethical means. Please do not promote unethical methods, this is a site built with the intent to help new anglers get into the sport and steering them wrong from the start isn't helping anyone.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
DrTheopolis said:

Flossing is an illegal fishing method. Period. Full stop.

It is a combination of the gear and process being used.

Further, see above, you do not need to succeed to be given a citation. All you need to do is attempt to take a fish using that method!