Bull heads

D
DonF
I like catfish, pretty much any kind. Got my start on them with bull heads and still like them today. Drawback on them is they are usually pretty small. Went with my son to a ranch irrigation pond near Culver last week and fished for them. Out a couple hours and go about 25 but threw about 4 small ones back. The rest were 13" to largest, 15 1/2"! Ate some the other night, tasted great. Never seen bull heads that big before and this was a really small pond!

Reactions: Wheredafishat? and bass
EOBOY
EOBOY
Early in the 2000's I would go to Waycross Ga. every spring to an Army reuion, The guy who hosted it had 5 acres with 2 ponds. One was for crappie, Brem, and Bass. The other pond he would order a tanker of 600 Cats every spring. Morning and evening he would walk out on his little dock and throw a bucket of pellets out and the water would boil with feeding Cats. We'd put the kids out there with rods and watch them catch Cats. Best damn dinner in the world fresh fried Catfish. I've often wondered why locals here haven't done it.

Reactions: Casting Call
Casting Call
Casting Call
EOBOY said:
Early in the 2000's I would go to Waycross Ga. every spring to an Army reuion, The guy who hosted it had 5 acres with 2 ponds. One was for crappie, Brem, and Bass. The other pond he would order a tanker of 600 Cats every spring. Morning and evening he would walk out on his little dock and throw a bucket of pellets out and the water would boil with feeding Cats. We'd put the kids out there with rods and watch them catch Cats. Best damn dinner in the world fresh fried Catfish. I've often wondered why locals here haven't done it.
It's called home grown!!!