Poll: Fish per trip

my2labs
my2labs
SteelmonKiller20 said:
That's a hard question. There's a lot variables to take into place.

To start, though, I ALWAYS believe I'm going to catch something each trip. Guided or unguided. Unfortunately, it's not always the case!

Water levels being one of them most prevalent variables for winter steelead..If it's on the drop for a few days, I always anticipate multiple hookups.
Then when the water gets low, I still expect hookups, just not as many.

Of course, there's other variables like weather, east winds, etc.

Over the course of January, my boat has seen two skunks, four 4-6 fish days, five days with around 10, and a handful of those amazing 20+ hookup days...

Tanners guide service i'm assuming.......

When I get my drift boat I want to hire someone to teach me to row it. I was thinking that a guide would love to get paid, and fish as a guest in my new boat while coaching me. I plan to do this within a year but delays are always possible.

Sound like something you'd be into when I get the boat? I'll pay you your rate at that time and I'll do all the rowing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O
OnTheDrop
my2labs said:
Tanners guide service i'm assuming.......

When I get my drift boat I want to hire someone to teach me to row it. I was thinking that a guide would love to get paid, and fish as a guest in my new boat while coaching me. I plan to do this within a year but delays are always possible.

Sound like something you'd be into when I get the boat? I'll pay you your rate at that time and I'll do all the rowing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely can be arranged. I've reeled in two steelhead all season.

L
LuckyFisher
I expect to catch fish every time I go out. Unfortunately, I am let down about 30-40% of the time.

C
carlson41
I'm 15/19 so far for my first year!

N
Native Fisher
Native Fisher said:
I haven't been since december, but then it was 1 for 2, next trip was 2 for 2, 1 for 1, and 1 for 4. that last trip was dec 12th I think. Typically I'd have burned through at least 1 hatchery card by now...

last trip was 2/12/15 and I went 4 for 4. I think the proper method of measurement is fish to rod hours, I'm to tired to compute that though lol