rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutmasta said:
It all depends. When and where.

Coho-Usually like 80-90%
Steelhead-90% at the coast, 40% on Clack and Sandy
Fall Nook-50% of times.
Springers 60-70%

All these could be adjusted by only fishing the right conditions vs fishing every chance you get. IMO opinion of course

but what about Siuslaw Fall Nooks?....2014 that is...I expect you to be 100% in 2015! :peace:

T
troutmasta
Hate em. I do fine at home. Think I'll stick close

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutmasta said:
Hate em. I do fine at home. Think I'll stick close

ouch.

my2labs
my2labs
Awesome responses. Thanks everyone. Obviously..... I have a lot of work to do. I generally crawl up and down the same section of the same river so ... I obviously need to familiarize myself with more water. Keep the numbers coming.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
troutmasta
rogerdodger said:

Okay okay....I'll be there.

You just conjured up some long days. No bannanas this time though

T
Tacomasteelheader
so far this year 2015 ive got two coho to the bank in January lost a steel that trip on lake creek
went 2/4 on alsea one day
went 1/3 alsea another
went 3/3 on alsea another
went 1/1 on alsea another and that same day fished lake creek till 11am and drove to alsea
went 1/2 on umpqua next day.......
..went 2/2 next day
skunked at whittaker creek only trip ive made there
got another steelhead on the south that was in the 20 pound range

dont know how many trips but ive got like 11 or so steel and two coho

S
Steel4life
I've made 10 trips and have gone 8/10. Only had one day where I didn't touch a fish. My first two trips of the year I broke off hawgs on 8lb mono in low water, since I've switched to 10lb floro and have been 8/8. 7 hatchery fish and 1 Nate. Right before the rain my dad got a 10lb chromer with beautiful skeins, but the meat was white and old. Any guesses as to why would be helpful. Kinda makes me not want to keep fish cause I don't want to waste a slot on my tag, even though its time for a hatchery tag now.

S
sapo
For winter steelhead, I don't get to go out that much, they're really not my fish...
Out of 3 trips this year, I'm 0/2.
Lost both on flies.
When I go winter steelheading, I don't count on catching anything, I do count on learning, though. When I get a fish, though, it's nice.
With summer steelhead, yes I plan on catching fish.

S
Steelheader4Life
Definitely a lot of factors and variation on any give day. But my last 6 trips (in a drift boat) have been 6, 8, 6, 3, 1 and the last trip was a skunk. The last one was my first skunk in well over a year, I knew I shouldn't have brought my fiancé along LOL! :)

Last edited:
S
Steelheader4Life
Steel4life said:
I've made 10 trips and have gone 8/10. Only had one day where I didn't touch a fish. My first two trips of the year I broke off hawgs on 8lb mono in low water, since I've switched to 10lb floro and have been 8/8. 7 hatchery fish and 1 Nate. Right before the rain my dad got a 10lb chromer with beautiful skeins, but the meat was white and old. Any guesses as to why would be helpful. Kinda makes me not want to keep fish cause I don't want to waste a slot on my tag, even though its time for a hatchery tag now.

Hens dump all their nutrients into their eggs making them not as good table fare most of the time. The bucks will cut nice even after being in the river for a while. There is no way to tell if a hen will cut nice or not. I've had chromers cut beautifully and then another chrome will cut pale. At least you got some good eggs and fertilizer!! That's my attitude about it anyways.

M
montym
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I charge double for those days, Jamie. : D
I'll take you up on that Tanner, but you don't charge me and pay my gas if we get skunked :)

O
OnTheDrop
Deal :)^^^

jamisonace
jamisonace
Yeah, but by skunked he means less than 20.

montym said:
I'll take you up on that Tanner, but you don't charge me and pay my gas if we get skunked :)

S
steelhead_slayer
jamisonace said:
I'll book you for a 20+ day. Haha

Put me on That trip too. You, me, and Jaime would put a hurting on some fish.

T
troutmasta
^^Uhh don't forget the camera man in seat 4

Wait till we drop this video were working on.

B
bubs
6 day trips in 2015 so far....4/6. Sandy skunked me twice, the coast has been 100%, this will change, i think

The interesting part? ~85% wild fish

S
steelhead_slayer
troutmasta said:
^^Uhh don't forget the camera man in seat 4

Wait till we drop this video were working on.

With you in the boat we wouldn't miss a fish in that river. :thumb: I look forward to the video

EOBOY
EOBOY
my2labs said:
I sort of hate you a little bit right now

2labs I was with Tanner on one of those 20+ days we boated 5 so the ratio was 1/4 or so. Part of the reason we lost so many was probably because I was learning what to do. Going again tomorrow we'll see if the magic continues. But I have faith in Tanner. And even if we don't catch anything I get to spend the Day with Tanner and Bennie.

Dana

O
OnTheDrop
EOBOY said:
2labs I was with Tanner on one of those 20+ days we boated 5 so the ratio was 1/4 or so. Part of the reason we lost so many was probably because I was learning what to do. Going again tomorrow we'll see if the magic continues. But I have faith in Tanner. And even if we don't catch anything I get to spend the Day with Tanner and Bennie.

Dana

Boated 5 keepers.. Remember all the Natives?! But boy... Did we sure lose some fish!!!

EOBOY
EOBOY
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Boated 5 keepers.. Remember all the Natives?! But boy... Did we sure lose some fish!!!

Oh I lost count of the nates and after we turned one of the big one's lose I asked who tagged it? You all looked at me like I was nuts! I forgot we put it back.....just to many fish to remember....hehehe.

Dana