Oops, I did it again

C
ChezJfrey
Had a day off work and nabbed another early winter today...a keeper this time.

2013-11-18_13-45-42_733.jpg

Reactions: halibuthitman
H
halibuthitman
are you kidding me? really? leave some for the rest of the guys... its a long winter-:thumb:

C
ChezJfrey
halibuthitman said:
are you kidding me? really? leave some for the rest of the guys... its a long winter-:thumb:

Trust me, I'm as surprised as anyone given the current date...but was bored today, so figured I'd get some practice in so I can blow the doors off this winter. Who knew I'd kick into high gear right off the line. Let's hope I don't flame out early, eh? :)

H
halibuthitman
yeah, its kinda like hooking a fish on the first cast... not always the best thing- but take em when you can-

E
eugene1
Man, another sweet fish!

I hope it's real and in your fridge and not just another internet hoax. LOL, just kidding!

Best,

B
bigboy70
seeing how easy you guys make it look gives me hope lol. now waiting for my day off sun.

Last edited:
O
OnTheDrop
Damn man. Making me jealous. I'm still tying up jigs.

Little skinny, sure it's not a summer?

Cheers,

S
SLEDME
Looks like a summer to me.:peace:

F
fishinshawn
SLEDME said:
Looks like a summer to me.:peace:

It looks like a steelhead jack to me...Maybe a 20" long fish?

S
skunk
Smolt, he was using one of those 1/1000th spoons. Brand new this year! Tough to get in the zone but deadly! I think that's sand its laying on. :lol:
(Nice fish btw!)

C
ChezJfrey
Man, so many second guesses...and 20"? Really?

The fish measures 27". Every single summer I've ever caught in this system has a right max clip; this fish does not. Contrary to the remark, it is not skinny, but has a plump, firm belly and is bright chrome. Based on the missing max clip, the fact it was caught low and being November, I would surmise a slightly early winter rather than a very late arriving summer. I also highly doubt it is a down river fish based on the belly, milt content, color, fin coloration/condition and the meat cut orangish pink. But hey, you guys are the internet photo experts, so somebody state what it is and we'll take that as the final word.

Maybe next time I'll just leave summer/winter out and say steelhead...but I'll still probably get some wiseass telling me it's a coho?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice Carp!

F
fishing_mission
That's a good looking trout. can't wait to catch some of those planters :)

Last edited:
M
Moe
Everyone giving you **** is jealous haha.
On that note, I'm positive that's a crappie. Didn't know they have em in the clack. Must have been fishing the lagoon?

W
waco
nice steelhead!!

O
OnTheDrop
Hey, just raising a question. I grew up on the Clack and caught several in November that I found out at a later time were summers. Fooled me and most anglers. The thing that stuck out on this was the fins ( not white )unlike your post the other day.

Not calling you a liar. Good fish reguardless

Tight lines

Last edited:
F
fishinshawn
ChezJfrey said:
Man, so many second guesses...and 20"? Really?

The fish measures 27". Every single summer I've ever caught in this system has a right max clip; this fish does not. Contrary to the remark, it is not skinny, but has a plump, firm belly and is bright chrome. Based on the missing max clip, the fact it was caught low and being November, I would surmise a slightly early winter rather than a very late arriving summer. I also highly doubt it is a down river fish based on the belly, milt content, color, fin coloration/condition and the meat cut orangish pink. But hey, you guys are the internet photo experts, so somebody state what it is and we'll take that as the final word.

Maybe next time I'll just leave summer/winter out and say steelhead...but I'll still probably get some wiseass telling me it's a coho?

I'm sorry I offended you with my guessing it as a jack steelhead. There is nothing wrong with jack steelhead, they play in important role in survival of the species. It is obviously not a down river fish, nor was the prior one. Size is hard to gauge in pictures like that, my apologies with your next fish I will leave my guess as to the size out of it.

bass
bass
You need to add a NSWS warning to your pictures (Not Safe Without Shades). Dang, that thing is bright. Great job.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fishinshawn said:
.... There is nothing wrong with jack steelhead, they play in important role in survival of the species. ....

jack steelhead?

O
OnTheDrop
rogerdodger said:
jack steelhead?

I do believe there is such a thing. It's quite complicated and wish I knew more about it.