On my very first cast.

F
flytrekker1007
halibuthitman said:
That is a result of poor casting form .. Not the rod, my $900 dollar Scott switch does the same thing starting about 3 or 4 in the afternoon-
So i guess we are all poor casters. It's not the fact that my other rod doesn't have this problem. It's not the fact that almost all of the people with echos on this discussion have had the same issues, plus people I know. It's the fact that we are all poor casters. Or maybe it's the fact that some rods have ferrules that come appart easier and don't seat like other rods.

H
halibuthitman
If a rod does have loose ferules it can be easily fixed by applying a thin coat of clear nail polish to the male end and then lightly sanding it.. What im saying about casting form is that if the rod is lazily turned in your hand sideways or you are rolling your wrist the sideways guides will ratchet pretty much any flyrod loose in just a few cast-

Last edited:
E
everett464
Just to be clear - the Echo solo in question has never had issues with the ferules - I assume that is because I am an excellent caster. :flex:

Here, rather, the break is in the top section of the blank, several inches above the highest connection. I assume that there was a pre-existing stress fracture, that found the cold temps inhospitable.

L
lilsalmon
I, admittedly, suck at casting...:blushing: But my Echo3 has been very sweet to me and I have caught a ton of fishes. Can't wait to get my Echo Classic spey rod up and running....this will be vewy vewy intewesting...hehe

S
schwinndigley
JeannaJigs said:
I thought this was going to be a photo of a beautiful first cast fish...and then my eyes feasted upon tragedy of the worst kind. Hope that gets replaced quickly for you!

me too