Need info on banking fishing at Hagg

T
Trav
troutdude said:
If you're planning to release a fish, it's not a good idea to plop them onto the bank.

Last night was all keepers. Only really had two hours to fish by the time I got to the lake. I spent 2/3 of that time fishing my hideaway spots. When I got into the fish I was getting dark. But, I understand what you are saying. And, I was not "plopping".

K
K406
Trav said:
How'd ya do last night man?
All right last night, fished across from ramp C near the frisbee golf course. Had a number of trout hooked, one to the bank, and one crappie. Was just casting a lure with a slow retrieve. Most action I've had at Hagg in a long while, though haven't been out there much this year, or last fall even. Hope the picture uploaded correctly, haven't done that from my phone before. Gonna go check out the lake tomorrow I guess hearing about the OFF shin dig going on. Will either be on tho shore around ramp c great area, in my boat with my dad if he wants to go out, or in my new personal pontoon boat I just picked up for some summer lake fishing. Will figure it out by tomorrow.

e3f21a13efc33846659a70df4c064ab3.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
troutdude said:
If you're planning to release a fish, it's not a good idea to plop them onto the bank.

No OFFense intended. But you mentioned that you, "had them on the bank". So I wasn't sure if it was plopping, tossing, dragging, or just what.

troutdude
troutdude
LOVE CRAPPIE! Did you cook it up?

K
K406
troutdude said:
LOVE CRAPPIE! Did you cook it up?
Nah, tossed him back. Never kept a crappie, so never cooked a crappie.

K
K406
Got here late this morning. Will be in a blue and grey personal pontoon boat around ramp c and sein creek area.

Joffurson
Joffurson
Last year around this time I caught a two pound smallie from the bank about a half mile down the trail from boat ramp C. Climbed down a steep slope and plopped a rapala floating minnow in there along a big old log and bam. Around the area I've caught lots of warmwater fish off the bank along those trails and have only fished there 2 or 3 times. Definitely easier from a boat there but don't be discouraged by being limited to the bank. My strategy was always to move in to odd places with limited casting space that not many people would have hit sneaky as I could and cast lures wherever I had the space to. Good luck in the future. Maybe I'll see you there later in the year.