My earliest winter yet

C
ChezJfrey
Last year, I nabbed my earliest winter do date on 11/30. Today, I topped that by two weeks:

2013-11-17_10-22-30_476.jpg

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Congrats great start!!

C
ChezJfrey
the rookie said:
nice fish what river did you catch it on ?

Not where I would expect, that's for sure.

I had a few hours to kill this morning and thought, what the heck, let's drive to the Clack and most likely get skunked considering it's still quite early for winters and summers are getting hard to find. Mostly thought I'd work on my single hand spey technique and some roll casting, with an occasional toss of a spoon and jig. About an hour into things and get a float down and head shaker. Figured a late summer, but as I got it within sight, surprise, surprise, it was bright! Then I see a high fin and it's kinda fat and no max clip? WTH?

Definitely not expected, but made the last-minute trip worthwhile.

D
DrTheopolis
You're making me excited.

Just need a big shot of rudderless brats, and it's game on.

Well done.

T
TimberTodd
Played on the Wilson this morning looking for a early winter with no luck. Congratulations on a nice catch.

jhop111
jhop111
You sir, are my hero

1 nut in the water
Let the madness begin!

C_Run
C_Run
Does this mean I can stop fretting about all the salmon I never caught yet? Way to go man.

P
plumb2fish
I went to the coast today looking for an early winter, but alas we couldn't keep those pesky chrome salmon off of the hooks....

H
halibuthitman
Photo shop...

M
Moe
man you are awesome, always getting out there and getting it done. beautiful fish and hopefully a sign of a strong run this winter

B
bigboy70
ok im jealous

C
ChezJfrey
halibuthitman said:
Photo shop...

LOL...to what end? If I were to photoshop, I would have made it much prettier, like one of your fantastic shots that continues to be one of my faves: IMG_0443.jpg

...and put a leech in its mouth :)

B
bigboy70
looks like i know where im going next weekend and perfect since the clack is the closest thing to fish for me.

H
halibuthitman
ChezJfrey said:
LOL...to what end? If I were to photoshop, I would have made it much prettier, like one of your fantastic shots that continues to be one of my faves: IMG_0443.jpg

...and put a leech in its mouth :)

Aaaah... Good point, then i amend my previous post and change it to Thats frickin sweet man!

F
fishinshawn
Way to go dude, looks like a nice hen. Bet she put on a good battle!

E
eugene1
What a pretty girl!

Nice to see but it also means the nooks are almost done. :(

Best,

ChezJfrey said:
Last year, I nabbed my earliest winter do date on 11/30. Today, I topped that by two weeks:

F
fishinshawn
eugene1 said:
What a pretty girl!

Nice to see but it also means the nooks are almost done. :(

Best,

That makes me happy, I'm ready to be done with stinkies, and move on to the silver bullets lol

E
eugene1
There's always two sides to every coin, or the glass is half full..

Nice to have so many fish to target anyway,

Best,

fishinshawn said:
That makes me happy, I'm ready to be done with stinkies, and move on to the silver bullets lol

B
bigboy70
im just at the point i want to catch something. i would like it to be a winter but at this point..... id be happy with a trout (this trout would be caught somewhere open year round of course) dont get me wrong i love going out scouting holes and all but the misses i can see its wearing her down. i have to keep her interested because i dont want to lose this fishing partner then i might actually get b****ed at for going fishing so much bring her along is so much better lol