Looking for tips

C
Contron
I'm new to Steelhead fishing around the Eugene area and was wondering if anyone could lead me to a nearby spot to fish for some steelies in the upcoming months. I'm mostly going to be drift fishing, but will also take tips for floating bait or using spinners, anything helps! <°)))>{

B
bran_man
Steelhead return was really poor this year but there are still some around. I would try upriver below leaburg Hatchery or below Dexter dam is probably your best bet. You're going to have to work pretty hard for them though...

T
Throbbit _Shane
Below Dexter should be heating up pretty soon.

Y
Yogidabear
Throbbit _Shane said:
Below Dexter should be heating up pretty soon.

could you explain more?

P
plumb2fish
The fishing has been good early in the morning at the poop plant(beltline over pass) for those still fishing for summers.

C
Contron
Any tips for how to fish these spots? like what color yarns or bobbers to use?

H
HereFishy
I've heard pink works well. Or you could try a couple colors together in a yarn ball. Put that yarn ball in an egg loop with a corky or 2. And you'll be in business.

image.jpg
Its a little big. But you get the idea..

If that doesn't pan out, you could try drifting a steelhead jig under a float. I've had luck with an orange and white one and with an all pink.

As far as bobbers go. I personally prefer pointed balsa floats. They're easier than a plastic spherical bobber to rig and change depth with. And the point on the top lets you know what's going on under the water. Hope this helps.

Happy Fishing,
Kyle..

C
Contron
Thanks a lot! hopefully I'll be able to have some luck out there!

B
Bswe22
plumb2fish said:
The fishing has been good early in the morning at the poop plant(beltline over pass) for those still fishing for summers.

Every time I go there I see fish coming out. I pulled one out if there today myself.