Jig fishing

B
BobberDown
sorry i will work on it

Last edited:
B
BobberDown
man i am sorry mike 123 i guess you did not diserve what i sed you are rite i guess that hit a nerv like we where in middle school and some big bolly just took a crack at me and back than i would just do what i do and let them have it i guess thats what i did sorry but next time you have somthing to say think about how it might afect some one thanks Dan

T
Throbbit _Shane
BobberDown said:
Sorry I am a pro fisherman not much on the key board I guess. It never was my strog suit. But I can just keep my info to my self i guess. Than I don't need a tuter. I would have more time to fish !!!!!!!! oh wait i can't fish at night well at least not in oregon anyways. But I guess my main consern was getting out my info but to some people i guess the info is not important. whats important is how i convey it to you but i guess it is not much help if you can read my run on sentance. oh and takeing a crack at some ones gramer because i think that is what it's called not an english tuter but a gramer tuder but what ever i guess i could just stop posting useful info on here and leave that to you. oh and by the way takeing a crak at some one gramer skills and than just saying just kiding does not work that well!!!!!!!!! lets say i punk you in the face than just say oh man tiger got out of the cage bro it's cool that does not work does it????????? so if you dont like what i have to say or how i say it i can stop posting i guess have a good night oh and thak's for telling me somthing i dont alreddy know have a good night and thanks agin Dan Cox

I know of atleast 1 lake in oregon you can fish 24 hrs a day, its called Lake of the Woods, its just east of medford. I guess they have some big brown trout, should be iced over right now though.

B
BobberDown
Throbbit _Shane said:
I know of atleast 1 lake in oregon you can fish 24 hrs a day, its called Lake of the Woods, its just east of medford. I guess they have some big brown trout, should be iced over right now though.

your rite i could run across to washington and fish the mouth of the lewis al night long but i do have jigs to tie about 2000 i guess i will go get started you guys have a good night and im sorry to all maybe i took it wrog but it just did not sit well with me i guess i just felt totaly dirispected but he was right about my gramer i just thought this site was all about fishing not gramer that is more of an i**** thing i thought but i am sorry for hijacking this thread back to the jigs thread

S
steelhead_stalkers
Wow, if I had 2000 jigs to tie I would just quit and throw in the towel. I hope you can bust those things out in 30 seconds each!! :lol:

B
BobberDown
steelhead_stalkers said:
Wow, if I had 2000 jigs to tie I would just quit and throw in the towel. I hope you can bust those things out in 30 seconds each!! :lol:

not quite but about 60 i guess i thought about it at time but the order seam to never stop

M
Mike123
BobberDown said:
man i am sorry mike 123 i guess you did not diserve what i sed you are rite i guess that hit a nerv like we where in middle school and some big bolly just took a crack at me and back than i would just do what i do and let them have it i guess thats what i did sorry but next time you have somthing to say think about how it might afect some one thanks Dan

Are you seriously that sensitive? I was just trying to joke around. It really would help if I could read your posts better though. I don't even take offense to what your wrote back because I couldn't understand half of what you typed. I'm no bully. I just thought a subtle hint would help out. There are spell checkers you can get. They help me out a lot. I really don't think I'd act like that if someone joked with me about my typing skills. Geese, let's act our own age.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Firefox has a built in spell check if you need it. Its a good browser.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Speaking of a lot of jigs, I just finished up another order for Oregon Rod Reel and Tackle and they will be available tomorrow afternoon.

B
bigsteel
i can't wait to get my orders:lol::lol::lol::lol:how long does it take you to tie a jig?takes me about ten minutes,,,it would take me a year to do 2000:shock::shock:

T
Teo
Getting back to jig fishing, I'd like to ask Mike123, or anyone else, how frequently, if ever, he uses a shotting pattern. Also, how long is the line that the shotting pattern is set on, say 18 in. maybe. This all seems like a good deal of fiddle faddle, but it looks good and makes sense. Just seems like a lot of time rigging and less time fishing, though you could make these up before hand. Another issue is that often when I use shot on a line below a float I tend to get a lot of tangles.

Also, Thanks for all the tips
Teo

M
mgdguy
Geez this thread got hijacked TWICE.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

T
Teo
mgdguy said:
Geez this thread got hijacked TWICE.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

Well, not really, since jig presentation was part of the original question:)

Teo

M
Mike123
Teo said:
Getting back to jig fishing, I'd like to ask Mike123, or anyone else, how frequently, if ever, he uses a shotting pattern. Also, how long is the line that the shotting pattern is set on, say 18 in. maybe. This all seems like a good deal of fiddle faddle, but it looks good and makes sense. Just seems like a lot of time rigging and less time fishing, though you could make these up before hand. Another issue is that often when I use shot on a line below a float I tend to get a lot of tangles.

Also, Thanks for all the tips
Teo

I only use it if I'm fishing bait for steelhead and I'm not fishing realy deep fast water. I often use one large shot under my float, then a medium one a bit further down, then a small one just above my leader then the jig. I don't think you need to use so many shot. Doens't take much time to put on 3 or 4 split shot. Only time I ever use those big banana or in-line weights is when Im salmon fishing. Honestly if your jig fishing, the shot pattern isn't that important because your jig is the main weight and it cuts through the water. Also those shotting patterns are desinged for center pin basically.. since your holding back on the float like mentioned in the article.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Yeah, I would not spend to much time on shotting patterns, a couple splits work great and what Mike said is a good option.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
heres my 2 cents . i never , and i mean never , head to the river with only one tool . i always take my bobber rod , (a 9.6 lammy fly blank made into a spinning rod ) , and my drift rod . some times they hit jigs , some times they dont . some times the water calls for a drift , some times a float . i have always said it , and i will say it again , the more tools you learn how to use , will make you that much better of a fisherman . lots of fish come to me using a bobber -jig/bait . even so , lots of fish come while drifting a cork/yarn . water conditions / location , tells me which tool to use . my fave is drifting though . those winter steel just SLAM a cork and yarn ! ! and i really mean SLAM ! ! !

M
Mike123
FISHHEADMAFIA said:
heres my 2 cents . i never , and i mean never , head to the river with only one tool . i always take my bobber rod , (a 9.6 lammy fly blank made into a spinning rod ) , and my drift rod . some times they hit jigs , some times they dont . some times the water calls for a drift , some times a float . i have always said it , and i will say it again , the more tools you learn how to use , will make you that much better of a fisherman . lots of fish come to me using a bobber -jig/bait . even so , lots of fish come while drifting a cork/yarn . water conditions / location , tells me which tool to use . my fave is drifting though . those winter steel just SLAM a cork and yarn ! ! and i really mean SLAM ! ! !

Hey what are the specs on that fly blank? I've been asking around this forum for awhile if anyone has a float rod made from a fly blank. I'd like to get one tied up! Thanks

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Mike123 said:
Hey what are the specs on that fly blank? I've been asking around this forum for awhile if anyone has a float rod made from a fly blank. I'd like to get one tied up! Thanks
not really all that sure . this i know , discontinued blank from lammy , rick in sandy got a hell of a deal on a entire lot of mixed blanks , spinnners , drifters , trouters , fly . all kinds of stuff . mine is 9.6ft , 7/8 weight , its a smokin rod . action all the way to the butt . model # ? not sure , but it si discountinued anyway. guides are kind of heavy , but it offsets the light weight blank , with the weight of a spinning reel . if that makes sense . you would have to hit a fish on it to get the feel of action all the way down . it is a way different rod than anything i have ever fished with , in a awsome way . pick a blank , and build a spinner out of it . or a drifter . gary loomis got his start that way .

M
Mike123
Cool thanks! :)

B
BobberDown
FISHHEADMAFIA said:
not really all that sure . this i know , discontinued blank from lammy , rick in sandy got a hell of a deal on a entire lot of mixed blanks , spinnners , drifters , trouters , fly . all kinds of stuff . mine is 9.6ft , 7/8 weight , its a smokin rod . action all the way to the butt . model # ? not sure , but it si discountinued anyway. guides are kind of heavy , but it offsets the light weight blank , with the weight of a spinning reel . if that makes sense . you would have to hit a fish on it to get the feel of action all the way down . it is a way different rod than anything i have ever fished with , in a awsome way . pick a blank , and build a spinner out of it . or a drifter . gary loomis got his start that way .
That is rite on the gary loomis thing. He started with a fly rod blank built a sping rod. People where willing to pay 250 to 300 for one back then that was over 20 years ago. but i will say a 9'6" sing hand rod make a grate float or siddrifting rod i am looking at a 10'6" spay blank for my new float rod.
mike 123 i have a good freind that owns a rod building company he only does custom work and does an awsome job he can take clay molds of your grip and for arm and mold the cork to fit your grip and arm with a 2 piace butt and titanum eyes it helps make a liter and funer to fish rod