Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

T
The Nothing
been a LLLOONNNGGG while since I visited the site, and probably will be here much more frequently as the days shorten. Thought I might share a few things from the last month or so...

some tuna streamers
6112748682_ccd70b3ed0_z.jpg
6115197234_1c96eb75e3_z.jpg
6114653065_82202eb50d_z.jpg

beaded soft hackles
6326360226_296b954006_z.jpg
6325608717_2617e8dcf9_z.jpg
6325608589_9167f63b5d_z.jpg

metalheads
6114653501_04d1afcc46_z.jpg
6234706936_182bd17a82_z.jpg
6374962097_aa4967132c_z.jpg

Reactions: Drew9870
J
jimmy
little olive pheasant tail (pictured on a cigarette)

MicroPT.jpg

materials:
abdomen: 5 barbs green pheasant tail
rib: none (color of barbs only)
thorax: 2 peacock hurls twisted
shell back: 6 pheasant barbs pulled forward
legs: shell pheasants pulled back (kind of)
eyesight, patience: essential

that tow-rope is 5X tipp

about as small as I can go, just found the photo on my camera and thought I'd share it here. tied on the bank of the Deschutes in bright sunlight, after coffee, before beer.

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice looking fly, those small pheasant tails were the ticket when we were at the deschtues in october

S
Sirdriftsalot.
bugs and help with feathers.

bugs and help with feathers.

some pics of nymphs I use on the rogue and applegate. I really dig the trout retrievers tied on a big jig hook, I dont have any pics of them:(.

Has anyone ever tied with owl feathers ? I found a barn owl feather and was using it for the back of the thorax, it was pretty amazing what the material does when it is folded over and tied off at the bead. So where can owl feathers be aquired, maybe from a taxidermist or some old mount in a thrift store maybe.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Sirdriftsalot. said:
some pics of nymphs I use on the rogue and applegate. I really dig the trout retrievers tied on a big jig hook, I dont have any pics of them:(.

Has anyone ever tied with owl feathers ? I found a barn owl feather and was using it for the back of the thorax, it was pretty amazing what the material does when it is folded over and tied off at the bead. So where can owl feathers be aquired, maybe from a taxidermist or some old mount in a thrift store maybe.

Cheers.

Those look super fishy. I really like the rubber leg nymphs.

F
FlyBum
Messing around with some Z-Lon and Antron for some bully streamers. They work, well!

A peak at swap flies!

S
Sirdriftsalot.
Thanks for the props, rubber legs are awesome especially when they start kicking back and forth in the water. Eggs and Legs.:D

S
steelhead_stalkers
Iv seen those chartreuse flies before! Nice! Those applegate fish love them. Can't wait for them to show up. :D

M
mrlindeman
I posted some new flies on the front page of this thread. I will update that post every time I tie flies I think you guys will like. :)

T
The Nothing
calling these Glassies as a play on Brassies...

6489733659_616d2b01f9_z.jpg
SAM_0373a

S
Sirdriftsalot.
More steelie nymphs

More steelie nymphs

The 20 incher ( half prince, half hares ear) has the barn owl tail feather wingcase.

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice ties!! i need to get on the vise.. need to tie some big buggy stones for my egg dropper setups

M
mrlindeman
Some more recent ties
Maraboo Bluff
DSCN1177.png

Tangerine dart
DSCN1170.png

Green Stimulator
DSCN1180.png

F
FlyBum
Skwala for the Owyhee :) First bigger bug action of the year!

M
mrlindeman
Thats a rockin bug right there!

F
FlyBum
mrlindeman said:
Thats a rockin bug right there!

Thanks, they worked last year, so hopefully they will again this year. :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
excellent tie. ever use it for hopper dropper? i bet it would kill with a size 16 possie bugger under it

F
FlyBum
brandon4455 said:
excellent tie. ever use it for hopper dropper? i bet it would kill with a size 16 possie bugger under it

Ya over on the O you would want to fish a Z-midge or WD-40 under that. A PussyBooger would be a good option, but you'll have to tie that for me in a sz 18 or 20.

brandon4455
brandon4455
FlyBum said:
Ya over on the O you would want to fish a Z-midge or WD-40 under that. A PussyBooger would be a good option, but you'll have to tie that for me in a sz 18 or 20.

guessing thats because most of the bugs are small besides the skwala stones? i came up with the nick name pussyboger!!!! :lol:

F
FlyBum
brandon4455 said:
guessing thats because most of the bugs are small besides the skwala stones? i came up with the nick name pussyboger!!!! :lol:

That's a pretty hefty claim that you came up with that! I'm sure they have been around for a long time, never seen one myself though! :)