Fly fishing Bend area first week of June

T
Tyeechaser
Hello,
I heading down to Bend for a mtbike/fly fishing trip the first week of June. I would greatly appreciate any info on fishing opportunity in and around Bend area. Also fly fishing shop recommendation.
Thank you in advance ,Scott

S
steelhead_slayer
Do you prefer stillwater or rivers

M
mccarrel
the Fly Fisher's place in Sisters has always treated me pretty well. the upper and middle Deschutes should still have plenty of water in them. The Crooked river can be absolutely insane, any red scud pattern and little nymph seems to produce pretty well, plus dries can be great too, its your best bet to catch a lot of fish though they'll be on the small side. Swinging big streamers with a seven weight in the Metolius can produce some big Bull Trout, plus there are a ton of strong redsides that take nymphs and dries, its a super clear and challenging river.

T
Tyeechaser
Thank you mccarrel I appreciate the info. PM me if you every need any info about Vancouver Island. Salt or Fresh.
Cheers Scott

P
perfectg03
Go to the Crooked. Fish the first 5 miles below the dam. Right now the caddis are hatching like crazy. Surface action starts around 1pm and gets better through the afternoon until about 6. Before noon swing a small black wooly bugger and you will catch plenty. I was just down there Monday with a buddy and we caught and released over 100 fish in the 13-18'' range. We only landed a couple under 10''. Fishing is great right now. Get out there. Here are a couple pics Crooked May 1.jpgCrooked May 2.jpgCrooked May 3.jpg from the trip.