Flies on a spinning rod

troutdude
troutdude
OK. Thanks. I'm at work, and don't have the reg book here. Appreciate the heads up (not that I was planning to go out and do that; but it's certainly helpful info).

T
TTFishon
Looks like you already have a lot of great info but I'm going to throw this out there anyway. I use the sliding bobber you fill up with water and I always make the leader the length of my pole.

B
baumgrenze
If you look, you can find torpedo floats with small screw eyes in each end. Unscrew the eye at the line end and open it enough to attach a small clip. Attach your leader to the large end. Attach a small swivel to the end of your line, one small enough to pass through the terminal eye of your rod. This arrangement simplifies rigging up to fish. My only irritation with it is that from time to time the leader will manage to catch on one of the projecting wire ends on the snap. I am considering trying a short section of ball chain as a snap. I'd rig it with enough Tygon tubing to cover the attaching barrel to prevent line snagging in the opening of the barrel. Has anyone ever tried this for a swivel?

baumgrenze