Fish n chips

R
Richard W T
I know this is a bit of a stretch but I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for fish N Chips in the Portland area? Or anywhere between Medford and Portland. Headed up there this weekend and really had a hankering for it.
Thanks

T
TimberTodd
Halibut fish & chips at the Reedville Café on Tualatin Valley Hwy at Cornelius Pass Rd between Beaverton and Hillsboro.

F
fishtales
The Corbett Fish House is pretty good.

D
DrTheopolis
Gaffer's in Tigard or Gladstone/Oak Grove/whicheverburbthatis is good and affordable no-frills stuff. And the Gladstone one is right up the street from the lower Clack holes, if you're trying to wet a line as well.

C
CoastalMoe
This thread just made me hungry... :bleh:

H
hcole
The Horse Brass Pub, SE 46th and Belmont. Great beer selection and great fish and chips. The half order is more than enough for me.

C_Run
C_Run
Depot Restaurant 822 Lyon St. Albany. Traditional fish and chips.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Fishermans market in downtown Eugene on 7th and Blair.

R
Richard W T
wow thanks for the responses! Being from the south I have a pension for fried food. I have a feeling that I might put on a couple this weekend. Oh well, it will keep me warm for the upcoming steelhead season. I'll have a detailed report on my return.

R
RoryONeal
jamisonace said:
Fishermans market in downtown Eugene on 7th and Blair.

Ain't that the truth. Love that place.

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Try The Frying Scotsman, a food cart located at 9th and Alder

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run said:
Depot Restaurant 822 Lyon St. Albany. Traditional fish and chips.

X2!

C_Run
C_Run
@ Richard W T . After all this, you're going to have to write a report of where you ended up eating.:D

R
Richard W T
oh yea I'll make sure to provide a detailed report of my finding! Fish n chips is my favorite meal and I just haven't had anything worth noting in the Medford Ashland area. And since the Rogue isn't fishing great right now I figured i'd take advantage of a free weekend.

R
Richard W T
Ok I didn't get to spend as much time in Portland as I'd hoped this weekend but there will be other trips. I had to pick one place and because the Frying Scotsmen (I love all things Scottish...except haggis) was closed on Saturday I chose The Horse Brass. Wow it really couldn't have been much better! I mean that had to have been the flakiest fish I've ever had and the batter was buttery, crisp, and a golden brown. The beer selections was immense (I went with a dark traditional English one), the cold slaw was nice and spicy with a horse radish kick and the fries were nice and crispy. It's going to be difficult not going back to that place on visit. I managed to put the whole order down with easy (mainly do to how much I was enjoying it). Afterwards, after I walked it off for a bit, I stopped by an ice cream joint that specialize in odd flavors. I went with a bone marrow (yep bone marrow) and roasted cherry. Wanted something with shock value that I couldn't pick up at my local Trader Joes'. Also a great choice. Very much looking forward to trying out the rest of the suggestions! Thanks for the input!

R
Richard W T
image.jpg Here is the whole order!

troutdude
troutdude
That looks GREAT!!!

R
Richard W T
oh it was! I should have gotten an order to go as well...but I went for ice cream instead.
Highly recommend this place