First time trolling Tillamook bay?

Y
YoungFisher
So this weekend i am headed down to tillamook to troll for some springers and gonna try and get some rockfish. So im wondering like is it easier trolling in a bay then the columbia or... ive never fished tillamook from a boat any tips on trolling and bottom fishing would be great thanks guys.

Y
YoungFisher
Thanks eugene! im gonna be fishin it tomorrow!! and i will give a report tomorrow :D

E
eugene1
Right on!

I'm jealous, but good luck, it's a gem of a bay.

YoungFisher said:
Thanks eugene! im gonna be fishin it tomorrow!! and i will give a report tomorrow :D

Y
YoungFisher
Well... of course the first time i get the boat out on the bay i get stopped by the "friendly" Tillamook bay police and got a $110 fix it ticket for have the wrong colored numbers on my boat :miserable: but other then that very slow only heard of one caught and a couple takedowns. But going out tomorrow still havin some hope:thumb:

Irishrover
Irishrover
Did you run into a lot of weeds/grass? When I used to fish the bay it was a problem. We found the water was cleaner in the jaws. Size 7 to 7 1/2 spinner blades was my choice for chinook spinners down there. Also for bottom fish we used to run out to the dinner reef which was north/west of the north jetty about 1/3 mile north of the grren can. I don't have those numbers anymore but if you ask about the dinner reef I'm sure some one can get you to the spot.

Y
YoungFisher
sweet thanks Irish when we go back i will deffinently check the dinner reef out and the water actually wasn't that bad i only saw a little bits and pieces of weeds floating around

F
FishFinger
For Tillamook bay trolling, as Irish Rover suggested; use #7 thumper/ fatal flash / synergy type spinners. The pictured colours are fantastic for coastal salmon.