Chocolate milk river!?

T
troutmasta
water at cedar this morning. brown all the way to marmot. :(

H
Homebrewmike
I didn't even throw my lure in when I went to Dabney yesterday.

J
Jasonbrowe
we went down there after work, could not cross the water to get to the spot we like so we packed up and went home.

T
troutmasta
Jasonbrowe said:
we went down there after work, could not cross the water to get to the spot we like so we packed up and went home.
Was it still brown Brown?

R
rippin fish lips
Tomorrow should be a good time to go check it out. Get any rain today? And if there is no rain tomorrow it should be green and fishable. Dunno tho cuz i never fish that riv.

O
osmosis
Dee-lish.
go coastal!

T
troutmasta
rippin fish lips said:
Tomorrow should be a good time to go check it out. Get any rain today? And if there is no rain tomorrow it should be green and fishable. Dunno tho cuz i never fish that riv.
Ill be there after school. Its at 8.5 ft right now still dropping should be perfect if it clears up.

osmosis said:
Dee-lish.
go coastal!
SUV to coast and back = 75.00 bucks.:( boooo. I would love to get into some fall monsters in tillimook maybe I can steal the wifes car.

J
Jasonbrowe
troutmasta said:
Was it still brown Brown?

Yep still that bad at about 3:30

J
Jasonbrowe
Jasonbrowe said:
Yep still that bad at about 3:30

A guy that we talked with on our way out said that last saturday around one it was hot. We talked with one of the kids that live by the hatchery he said not much fish coming out since then. I was there on saturday banked a native steel but we left at 12 so we left about an hour early.

H
Homebrewmike
troutmasta said:
water at cedar this morning. brown all the way to marmot. :(

This is the color of the Mississippi, Missouri, Kansas, and Platte Rivers in the Midwest. It is strange for me to now think of this color of water as being off, having lived in Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri most of my life.

S
sethinoregon
Anybody hit the sandy today? Water still muddy? Wanted to get out tomorrow and the river looks like it should be about 9 ft tomorrow. Also thinking bout heading to tillamook but that is a long drive and the reports seem mixed

S
sethinoregon
Btw. I'm pretty new to this forum and I realize that I haven't been able to contribute much as of yet. I hope to in the near future. Will be heading out somewhere tomorrow and will report back. Tight lines

S
steelie_killa
A buddy went up there today n said still muddy. I would say give it a couple days if it ever stops raining..lol

E
eggs
It has been dumping rain pretty good all day out here... the lowering snow levels should help but I would bet a few more days of of mud.

L
LawyerBob
Went to Oxbow on 10/20 to check it out. At best there was 1 inch of visibility in the chocolate milk.

Spent the day exploring the park rather than tossing hardware.

S
sethinoregon
I went to Cedar Creek this morning early. Still pretty muddy. There were probably 10 of us at the mouth of the creek and no body so much as sniffed a bite. I walked the creek on the way back and didn't see a single ho in the creek. Looked like they had quite a few in the pen up top. One guy said he was there last night and the hos were rolling all over but I didn't see any.

I also decided to swing over to eagle creek after I left. It looked really nice but I talked to a guy who had been there all morning and had walked the whole thing down and back and said he didn't think there was anything in the creek. Didn't see any boats on the clack on the way back, nobody at the bowling alley and no boats at the mouth.

Seems like a wired season. Pretty late for there not to be any fish after the first big rains. Maybe global warming?

K
Kaoboi503
Hit up oxbow and cedar today. Started at oxbow when gates opened and fished downriver from the boat ramp, and under picnic "A" area. One small coho made an appearance swimming next to shore for a brief moment at about 1000 ft below the boat ramp and that was it. Dodge park at around noon, water was very turbulent so we drove past to cedar. All frowns there. I don't think anyone caught anything. Water was really cold but it is borderline fishable. Visibility 6 inches or so, moving from more green than brown. Every body and their mother was out there. It was so full at one point, a group of 6 went to the hole below cedar creek mouth and tool turns casting. No one crossed the river, and my buddy did not want to, so neither did I. Found a dead native trout though.