Chinook

T
TTFishon
They should throw some land locked silvers in the mix.

T
Thuggin4Life
yeah and some fresh water halibut.

M
Moe
Thuggin4Life said:
yeah and some fresh water halibut.

Then I'd make the drive down there no doubt!

M
Mike123
Sturgeon too. I've heard a rumor there are sturgeon in Green Peter... anyone back this up?

S
steelhead_stalkers
Willamette River Springers are rare at 20lbs!! I doubt that you would get one in a lake. Shasta probably has some of the largest and they get to about 10 or 12lbs.

H
halibuthitman
capblack said:
I have heard of some 20 inchers, and that would be big, but the landlocked salmon dont grow to be 20 lbs. there about the size of the kokes as most places, and I think the technique is the same. Brian
the landlocked kings in lake courdelane and much of the midwest hit 15-all the time with 10# being the norm.

F
fishkiller
Charlie_merrifi said:
Yeah at Detroit I've heard big like 20 lbs but gott be deep. 100 + feet

Wasn't there a record Koke just caught and it was only 8.23 lbs.?

J
JeannaJigs
fishkiller said:
Wasn't there a record Koke just caught and it was only 8.23 lbs.?

Kokes and landlocked chinook= 2 different species.

Kokes are landlocked sockeye.

F
fishkiller
JeannaJigs said:
Kokes and landlocked chinook= 2 different species.

Kokes are landlocked sockeye.
WOW thanks for setting me straight.

M
muskieguide
metalfisher76 said:
Are those land locked or were they plucked up and dumped OFF from a hatchery. The biggest landlaocked "salmonid" I`ve heard of come from Wallowa Lake, coming in @ 7+lbs.

They are resident fish. There are no plantings in there. They are few and far between at that size but are frequently caught by mac fishermen. Look at Washingtonlakes.com and check out all reports for lake Chelan. Should be some good pointers in there also for any one gettin into it.

T
Thuggin4Life
halibuthitman said:
the landlocked kings in lake courdelane and much of the midwest hit 15-all the time with 10# being the norm.

Those great lake chinook are a whole different breed.

C
Charlie_merrifi
would a bobber and worm work

M
Moe
Mike123 said:
Sturgeon too. I've heard a rumor there are sturgeon in Green Peter... anyone back this up?

I have also heard from the ranger at hagg that someone put a few sturgeon in there. Might get big feeding on all the dead stockers!