Boat gas tank issues

T
TTFishon
I can't seem to get a prime from my fuel tank so I took the part that the hose goes into off of the tank. Shouldn't there be a tube or something that goes to the bottom of the gas tank?

F
Finneus Polebender
Hope someone knows didn't know if youd see the last good sign post but let me know if ya want to use the 7.5 I have.

T
TTFishon
Yeah I saw that post. Thanks. I'm pretty sure there's a tube or something that's laying on the bottom of the tank. I might siphon the gas out tomorrow and see what I can find.

K
Kevinb5688
Yes sir there is a tube, mine fell out and trust me, dont try and hook it back up. They become brital. Buy a new rubber tube at jerrys for 1$ and hook it up. Good as new. (fyi) a good pair of long needle nose fishing plyers will get that hose out for u. :)

T
TTFishon
Kevinb5688 said:
Yes sir there is a tube, mine fell out and trust me, dont try and hook it back up. They become brital. Buy a new rubber tube at jerrys for 1$ and hook it up. Good as new. (fyi) a good pair of long needle nose fishing plyers will get that hose out for u. :)

That's what I thought. Thanks Kevin!

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. An easy, and inexpensive fix. COOL!

T
TTFishon
Well, mine wasn't a tube. It's a pretty good size piece of plastic that went right back into place. To fish it out of my tank I made a snare like contraption, like they use to catch pits and gators. Worked like a charm. Added gas back into the tank and my motor fired right up.

troutdude
troutdude
Right on Ted. Glad to see that you got it working!

T
TTFishon
Yeah, it's a temporary fix for now. I think it's time for a new plastic tank.

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
I made a snare like contraption, like they use to catch pits and gators.

LOL pits and gators. watch out, you might offend a pit lover.

T
TTFishon
Hahaha!!! I'm going pit huntin this weekend. lol

Z
ztubs
To add to this for further reference, fuel lines for weedwackers ( same type in little outboards and types of application where a proper pick up isn't necessary) Will break down over time, a short time. You can go to a place like orilies and ask if they have under a foot peices of hose that will hold to fuel on both sides (it doesn't need to be pressure, but suction (dont want the hose kinking together.) Best of all under a foot is usually free, just like the waste bin at home depot.

If theres more interest for fuel cells, wiring, plumbing. Im the guy to help out with it. I design custom containers, to be contained anywhere. I can do clean wiring (almost aircraft standard worthy) plumbing (coolant, oils, fuels, water.)
Fit in live well for drift\jon type boats?