Bank sturgeon c/r

M
Moe
Any good areas for some catch and release surgeon? Haven't fish for almost a year and trying to have a productive day. Any help?

T
TJR_84
The dock in Oregon city is always a good spot. My buddy was fishing the mouth of the clackamette and willy and did very well on Thursday.

M
Moe
Yea I was thinking about going there but my dad can't get down that ladder so i was hoping for a spot a liitle easier to get to. Was thinking cathedral park but if it doesn't look good i may head there. Wanting to get my dad his first gator

J
jayreedy
Can someone give me a recommendation for a casting reel for sturgoen? I'm stumped on what to get because I've mainly just used spinning rods and I really want to get a nice set up for the big guys

bass
bass
I see a lot of folks recommend a Daiwa Sealine reel for a sturgeon bank set up. The point I see mentioned is that you do not want a level wind since it reduces casting distance. Note, this is second hand information. Hopefully someone who banks it for sturgeon will provide advice.

J
jayreedy
Okay, thank you very much for the recommendation. I'll look into the sealine and see how she works for me. thanks once again

M
mikeredding
Or maybe we can make a run up there with my Penn's sometime!:thumb:

Y
Youngfishermen
Willamette Park Has Some good sturgeon but only good in the winter or fall, because in summer there's to much boats.

7100 Southwest Macadam Avenue
Portland, OR 97219