Ballenger Pond bass fishing

F
Finneus Polebender
strike two

strike two

Swing and a miss the aluminum outfit said due to liability they would make no exceptions for anyone or group not even employees . Gonna try to make last effort but judging by the aluminum outfits position its not lookin to good fellas. gonna have to start workin some different places/ angles too not gonna give up yet.Saw 1 guy in a green boat in the front pond other than that quiet out there

T
Thuggin4Life
Finneus Polebender said:
Swing and a miss the aluminum outfit said due to liability they would make no exceptions for anyone or group not even employees . Gonna try to make last effort but judging by the aluminum outfits position its not lookin to good fellas. gonna have to start workin some different places/ angles too not gonna give up yet.Saw 1 guy in a green boat in the front pond other than that quiet out there

Last week me and a friend tested out this little 10' flatbottom aluminum he got for free at ballanger. No leaks so we decided to carry it into the back pond. Bad idea, when we got to the gate there was a white pickup at the ponds edge with two guys and some small kids fishing. And the gate was locked. Aslo Troutski got a day trip to the pond.

S
specialk0082
Finneus Polebender said:
what's goen on?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

R
RiverSideKid
specialk0082 said:
what's goen on?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

whats going on is the pond behind ballenger is not open to the public and thats the pond with all the bass, the manager or who ever is in charge said no one is aloud to fish it not even employees but i seen an employee fishing it with my own two eyes along with thuggin who is a member on this forum. so that should more than sum it up cause i added more than was needed

S
specialk0082
RiverSideKid said:
whats going on is the pond behind ballenger is not open to the public and thats the pond with all the bass, the manager or who ever is in charge said no one is aloud to fish it not even employees but i seen an employee fishing it with my own two eyes along with thuggin who is a member on this forum. so that should more than sum it up cause i added more than was needed
yeah i know its closed to the public but i see people fishing there with the fence closed and locked so it has to be emplyees.I fished that back pond back in the day when monaco owned it caught a 17inch trout as soon as we put in, now i just take out my pontoon and fish the first pond not the best but oh well

T
Thuggin4Life
All in all I think I will continue to sneek into the back pond for some trophy bass. The last few times I went to my other trespass pond it didn't turn out so well.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
All in all I think I will continue to sneek into the back pond for some trophy bass. The last few times I went to my other trespass pond it didn't turn out so well.

thats the prob w/trespass sometime not so great can't see it being worth it in the long haul

K
kmo
I talked to the manager of the aluminum co last yr and he said no way, As i was about to leave i noticed that the brush around the front side of the pond was cut down leaving a bare bank all around the pond where previously it was protected from run -off and such so i mentioned to him that leasing land does not give you the right to break the agreement that monaco had with the DFW to not disturb the environment and he told me in no uncertain terms that it was none of my business.{also part of the agreement was that no outboard motors allowed} Ive seen on many occasions full size lake boats running their motors in there.
So in my humble opinion its time to not all get together to beg for fishing rights its time to come together to stop him from destroying a treasure in our own backyard!!

R
RiverSideKid
kmo said:
I talked to the manager of the aluminum co last yr and he said no way, As i was about to leave i noticed that the brush around the front side of the pond was cut down leaving a bare bank all around the pond where previously it was protected from run -off and such so i mentioned to him that leasing land does not give you the right to break the agreement that monaco had with the DFW to not disturb the environment and he told me in no uncertain terms that it was none of my business.{also part of the agreement was that no outboard motors allowed} Ive seen on many occasions full size lake boats running their motors in there.
So in my humble opinion its time to not all get together to beg for fishing rights its time to come together to stop him from destroying a treasure in our own backyard!!

well said, i agree with the last few sentences, but really aint much to do except to turn him in and well im not up on all the rules they have so i wouldnt be a good canidate

S
specialk0082
Finneus Polebender said:
thats the prob w/trespass sometime not so great can't see it being worth it in the long haul
im looken for a fishing buddy to show me some new spots,i have a ninefoot pontoon if u ever need a fishing partner let me know,oh by the way have u been back to the firn ridge ponds??????? if sooo how is it
?????????

F
Finneus Polebender
specialk0082 said:
im looken for a fishing buddy to show me some new spots,i have a ninefoot pontoon if u ever need a fishing partner let me know,oh by the way have u been back to the firn ridge ponds??????? if sooo how is it
?????????

Only fished kirk park ponds a couple times while back now . Sure have heard a lot of good stuff about the coyote creek part of the big lake.havent heard any recent reports been kinda waitin for it to warm a little more before i head there. other than that Keep your eye on the post i am usually fairly set as far as people who want to fish w/me but every now and then i get loose at a weird time will usually hit post before i leave. I will be tryin to attend some of the upcoming events too good luck fp

Last edited:
W
WVBass
I've fished here a couple of weeks ago from about 7 till 8:30 and there were so many mosquitos I had leave without anything. I've only fished there a couple times off the bank in the front and only caught 1 small bass but Im hopeful. I heard that all the ponds are connected underground I'd really like to know where. Is there a stream that goes in to Ballenger? I havent got to fish the other side yet so I dont know.

F
FishSlayer420
If you are talking about the main pond no there is no stream that flows into there. But I heard a couple years back that they are filling that pond in slowly but surely as you can tell if you go out there its gotten smaller on the west side of the pond. That will be a sad day when they are done filling that place in:(

W
WVBass
FishSlayer420 said:
If you are talking about the main pond no there is no stream that flows into there. But I heard a couple years back that they are filling that pond in slowly but surely as you can tell if you go out there its gotten smaller on the west side of the pond. That will be a sad day when they are done filling that place in:(

Yep lame

F
FishSlayer420
Wish we could stop it somehow:(

S
specialk0082
i was at the pond yester day and i caught almost a 5 pounder lm bass but it seemed bigger ill have pic up here soon not the greatest pics, the biggest ive caught good luck out there

Last edited:
S
specialk0082
here's my pic

W
WVBass
Nice Fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
last weekend

last weekend

Was out there last weekend place still looks awesome except for the trash on the bank .got alate start fished for 2 hrs had 2 bites . Sure wish theyd open up the back . dude at ballengers said the ol otters been workin the place harder and longer this year . says they are usually back to the river by now. If they are about the fish will be wary

T
Thuggin4Life
always plan on an extra 30-50 minutes if launching a boat at ballangers. between the tweeker biatch and the guy i dont know who talks more. guess that guys dad dug the pits so he knows the depth everywhere and said he brought the bass over from the wildish ponds and planted them in ballenger since the wildish bass were the healthiest out of the study the did. and he help plant bass at dorena had something to do with mercury levels. also he has told me about the otters and how he has been trying to remove them and "relocate them". one time he let me borrow a lure he made out of a hook and flat piece of gold metal thatwas some kind of pipe or hose clamp for a water heater. you realed it in a bit and the stopped and it would slowly flutter side to side as it drifted down and backwards. with a worm on the hook it killed bluegill quite well. seems like that gut can tell a good story. i ggave up on ballenger this year but sounds like it is slightly producing for the rest of you. maybe i will have to rethink my stradegy and try next year.