Ballenger Pond bass fishing

F
-fishinaddict-
Right on guys i like what your tryin to do here:cool: i hate slobs. I dont mind picking up trash if for a good cause annd i live 1 mile down the road. plus i would love to fish there(i gotta 12" boat just no way of hauling it) never have So let me know when and what to bring and i am all for it. Plus like you thuggin4life i am unemployed to i am itchen to get my hand dirty so keep me posted.

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
T
Thuggin4Life
-fishinaddict- said:
Right on guys i like what your tryin to do here:cool: i hate slobs. I dont mind picking up trash if for a good cause annd i live 1 mile down the road. plus i would love to fish there(i gotta 12" boat just no way of hauling it) never have So let me know when and what to bring and i am all for it. Plus like you thuggin4life i am unemployed to i am itchen to get my hand dirty so keep me posted.

I'll be on the water almost all day tomorrow wish i was in the back pond. Come down and yell at the 2 guys in the little aluminum boat if you want to fish. Maybe you can show me why i have a hard time catching bass out of ballanger when i can catch them elsewhere.

F
-fishinaddict-
oh man i hope i can find time, tomorrow is the one day i got stuff to do. but if i can cool i will yell at ya and i dont know about teaching you anything i have only been bass fishing like 2 years butt i learn quick good luck tomorrow man knock em dead(not literally) and maybe i,ll see ya down

M
mikeredding
There are some trout in the back from time to time. They come in from the river. And yes Blue Water used to test the boats in there.

T
Thuggin4Life
mikeredding said:
There are some trout in the back from time to time. They come in from the river. And yes Blue Water used to test the boats in there.

Any idea why i hear that pond refered to as the monico pond?

H
Hawk
I read somewhere that Monaco motorhome company owned some property with a pond. I don't know if it's this pond......................:rolleyes:

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Any idea why i hear that pond refered to as the monico pond?

Monaco bought it from Blue Water when they closed down.

F
Finneus Polebender
mikeredding said:
Monaco bought it from Blue Water when they closed down.

The property is leased, monaco was the tenant prior to aluminum outfit and apparently after blue water. Knew they tested boats back there have never seen where river enters but heard it is underground fed. supposedly 2 very large sturgeon put in there the big ones supposed to be over 8 ft. I have never seen them. Have seen bass in 15 ft of water, so very magnified, but man im talkin bigger than ive ever seenin my life. When I was able to fish it caught numerous 1to2 pounders biggest fish Icaught was three. Think cause its river fed all these ponds start givin up fish late may june best till then to go with good sink and slow to no retrieve w/ baits or put in the #s like 300 casts w/ the spinner bait till ya get close and pi** one off either way a boat hels ya to keep movin gotta hunt em they are in tight to the banks and a little slow boys good luck and thats about all i know fer sure

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Thuggin4Life
Still no action at ballenger maybe in a week or two. Heard the sturgeon rumor myself. It would have to be underground fed cause i didn't see where it when i put my boat in there and you can't see it from google earth.

Last edited:
H
Hawk
Over 4 lustrums ago when i lived in CA one of my fishin' holes was the San Luis Res Forebay. From the Delta two concrete canals fed into the forebay. That is how the fish got in there.
A 66lb+oz Striped Bass was caught in there & a 99lb Sturgeon another time.

Biggest striper i c&r was 42lb..............:D:D

In 1988 a man on a float tube caught a 55lb striper with a fly rod rig. I think it was the freshwater flyrod record.................................:lol::lol::lol:.........................:cool::cool::cool:..............................:clap::clap::clap:

Lots of Big'Un channel cat in the Delta/Mendota canal.....................:D:D

F
-fishinaddict-
Oh that sucks no action thuggin its still a little early i f in hate waiting just bring on the sun

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Still no action at ballenger maybe in a week or two. Heard the sturgeon rumor myself. It would have to be underground fed cause i didn't see where it when i put my boat in there and you can't see it from google earth.

Couldnt take it no more went out to ballenger spent a coulpe hours yer right it do be tough did get two chances missed em both , had son rowin so I worked hardf fer two bites. About 300 billion mayflies on the pond very little action on the water not a good sign

M
mikeredding
There is still fish there. I saw a HUGE dead crappie floating the other day. It is just too cold still.

T
Thuggin4Life
Finneus Polebender said:
Couldnt take it no more went out to ballenger spent a coulpe hours yer right it do be tough did get two chances missed em both , had son rowin so I worked hardf fer two bites. About 300 billion mayflies on the pond very little action on the water not a good sign

When were you out there? I was there from 10 til 3. Fishingaddict was there when i got there and other than that i saw two other guys but they only fished for like 10 minutes. When we left my buddy talked to the guy living inthere trailer and they saw a few little one next to the bank near the guys "porch".

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
When were you out there? I was there from 10 til 3. Fishingaddict was there when i got there and other than that i saw two other guys but they only fished for like 10 minutes. When we left my buddy talked to the guy living inthere trailer and they saw a few little one next to the bank near the guys "porch".

we were there from 6 till dusk both strikes on the back side in the sticks within 3 ft of bank. First one gotta feel a little seemed pretty decent sized

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Finneus Polebender said:
we were there from 6 till dusk both strikes on the back side in the sticks within 3 ft of bank. First one gotta feel a little seemed pretty decent sized

Nice i guess i must have missed the morning and the evening bite. Are just fishing with rubber worms?

S
specialk0082
when monaco owned it they used to stock it i know I fished it when they owned it and caught a 17inch trout,but back than only employees could fish it but i knew some peeps that worked there but than they sold the place that sucks

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice i guess i must have missed the morning and the evening bite. Are just fishing with rubber worms?

Yes sir im slow to give them up for spinner baits. the spinners run way cleaner at ballenger than they do at delta but, I get lazy tired of cleanin salad plus like i said they seem to have a large cast to catch ratio. I do know Ive never caught any thing under 3 lbs on spinner baits they do seem to produce biggins when they work. Do use some top water lures and a few jigs but those seem effective only after it warms up Good luck guys they say we are looking at almost 80 degrees by sunday I say more heat please

Last edited:
R
RiverSideKid
well i personaly dont care for ballenger (andy) so no im not jealous like you posted in another add, im more of a bass fisher not a boat floater lol its a little more enjoyable

T
Thuggin4Life
Heading down to ballanger tomorrow evening. Gonna fish til dark maybe I'll get something this time.