Awesome day on the ocean!

S
Shark 13
Went out on a 10 hour salmon/bottom fishing trip with trade winds in Newport. Got 1 Coho salmon and limited on the rock fish. Couldn't catch any thing on there poles/rigs so I pulled out my mighty mouse setup. Ended up landing my 7 fish limit on that small ice fishing rod. All around it was probably the best charter I have been on yet.
Mighty mouse.jpgMatt's First Salmon.jpg

E
eugene1
Love your bloody ho pic. Sounds like a great time on tradewinds. Wondering if there were any nooks caught on the trip?

Best,

F
FishFinger
Congrats on your success

S
Shark 13
Ya there were 2 nooks caught on the boat. All together there was 10 salmon on the boat. It has been really slow for salmon fishing around Newport. I was told by the deckhand that some of the other boats out only caught 3-4 salmon per boat. Speaking about the bloody ho. I think I may of made the deck hand not to happy. As soon as I got it in the boat I ripped the gills out to bleed it out and made one heck of a mess.

E
eugene1
Sounds perfect to me! Sweet...

Best,

Shark 13 said:
Speaking about the bloody ho. I think I may of made the deck hand not to happy. As soon as I got it in the boat I ripped the gills out to bleed it out and made one heck of a mess.

G
gmcnair
Glad you had good luck. What was wrong with their poles? Did anyone else limit out?

Posted a picture of my clamming spot here in Coos Bay.

Last edited: