125 brood trout to be stocked in Blue Lake, but no access to them since the park is closed till spring

W
WHERES THE FISH
The rest of the district has access to these fish except PORTLAND. Call and complain. GAS is not free.

troutdude
troutdude
@WHERES THE FISH where did you get that information? There is nothing on the ODFW stocking list, except for "legal size" fish going into Walter Wirth and Timber Linn. Those are the only 2 lakes listed for the week of the 18th; which are probably now stocked.

Reactions: WHERES THE FISH
W
WHERES THE FISH
ODFW clackamas office. 971-673-6000 dial 0--Takes you to 2 receptionists who have info on BROOD and unscheduled stockings---Make sue you ASK for those or they might not tell you. I fished Mt Hood pond recently that was not on the schedule --but was stocked with 500 trophy trout--NICE FISH. I was informed by CLACK office of this stocking. HINT----Call on THURSDAY each week and ask them for stockings IN AND AROUND the PORTLAND AREA. I called today and was told 150 broods in blue lake park that is closed for water repair. GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
Reactions: troutdude
W
WHERES THE FISH
971-673-6000 dial 0

troutdude
troutdude
I confirmed that the park at Blue Lake, wont' be open until spring (maybe by Memorial Day, is what I was told).

Reactions: WHERES THE FISH
Irishrover
Irishrover
The whole south side of the lake is loaded with homes off Interlachen Ln. Most of those houses have docks reaching out into the lake. Those fish might be gone lone before spring. I do not know of any public access to the lake except the park. Perhaps it might be worth investigating. I do remember going to the park to swim and going to the rides at the amusement park that was there in the late 50s and early 60s.

Reactions: troutdude, Chromatose and WHERES THE FISH
W
WHERES THE FISH
Thanks IrishRover. I might try Google map satellite. It would be geat if more people called and complained. The Sqecky wheel gets the GREASE. The only way to catch OUR FISH is to be a OUTLAW

S
Snopro
WHERES THE FISH said:
I have seen them GOBBLE up nymphs this time of the year. Make sure they have lots of color or flashif water is MURKY. Try on top and then let them SINK. Pink and green Berkley power worms threaded on your small hooks. Moning they come to the SHALLOWS OR BANK. Later day toward the deeper water. MAKE SUREYOU BRING A BIG NET.
Do you know Jim Travers?

W
WHERES THE FISH
I know a lot of JIMs that fish. Faces but no last names. I fish Salish-Mt Hood - Blue LaKe hard. I started this thread because ODFW stocked BROODS in Blue Lake and we can not get to them. PARK CLOSED

S
Snopro
Guys are fishing it.

troutdude
troutdude
Snopro said:
Guys are fishing it.
I called the powers that be last week--to see if foot traffic was allowed into the park. The answer was NO. Ergo those peeps are subject to arrest for trespassing.

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Went to blue lake today and got kicked out with no fish after a few ours

W
WHERES THE FISH
HEY DOES THAT NOT PISS YOU OFF? yOUR FISH AND YOU CAN NOT GET TO THEM. Call and complain. Be careful technically going into the closed park is trespassing TROUTMASTER. Happy fishing

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin
Admin
‘TroutMaster said:
Went to blue lake today and got kicked out with no fish after a few ours
any signs of brooders?

Reactions: Snopro and troutdude
‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Admin said:
any signs of brooders?
oh yeah, for sure, saw some jumps, and another guy who got kicked out at the same time said he got one

Reactions: Admin
S
Snopro
Are the Park and lake closed, or just the park? It looks like if you're floaty you can avoid the park and still get on the lake to fish.

Reactions: Admin
W
WHERES THE FISH
Got news fom clackamas office 300 brooders to be stock week of feb. 5-9 at ST.LOUIS ponds. I would double check before running down there . OR wait til 1000 trorhys added next week. ANY GO FOR THE BROODERS THIS WEEK AT ST.LOUIS POND.---ANY LUCK

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
WHERES THE FISH said:
Got news fom clackamas office 300 brooders to be stock week of feb. 5-9 at ST.LOUIS ponds. I would double check before running down there . OR wait til 1000 trorhys added next week. ANY GO FOR THE BROODERS THIS WEEK AT ST.LOUIS POND.---ANY LUCK
no sign of any fish. no bites in 3 hours, saw none caught or jump

S
Snopro
‘TroutMaster said:
no sign of any fish. no bites in 3 hours, saw none caught or jump
ODFW should follow WDFWs lead and report when they have been stocked, instead of a rough estimate of when they possible could be stocked?

‘TroutMaster
‘TroutMaster
Snopro said:
ODFW should follow WDFWs lead and report when they have been stocked, instead of a rough estimate of when they possible could be stocked?
yeah that would lead to much less disappointment and wasted time. like for klineline, you know if you’re gonna catch fish