flyfisher #2
Nice flies everyone.
My most recent tie. Any name ideas for it? :think:
IMG_2262.jpg

F
FlyBum
flyfisher #2 said:
Any name ideas for it? :think:

Juice Wezel, Flaming Monkey, Banana Chucker, those are just a few I've come-up and have been given for some of my flies. LOL :)

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Joanna Angel? (chick from Cracked.com, it reminds me of her hair style)

Or for more generic name - the Goth Chick? Goth & Gold?

E
eggs
Interacial date night!

F
flyfisher #2
sort of reminds me of a shrimp for some reason.

M
mlw
A few steelhead flies, first a NW classic, an Orange Heron, a Syd Glasso pattern. This isn't perfectly tied (tinsel is a bit wobbly), nor exactly correct in materials, but pretty close:
orange_heron-875-P9222107.jpg

And a variation suggested by Dave McNeese - was wondering why these next two look a little dirty, til I remembered I took them out for a swim before taking the photo's, so try and ignore the dust specks:
purple&orange_heron_P9212098.jpg

and in all purple:
purple-featherwing-875-P9212099.jpg

and next, a couple speys:
One in blue,
blue-spey-875-P9172077.jpg

and a Cherry Spey (as in Kool-Aid, used to dye the goose shoulder feather after slightly burning it in bleach and water to loosen up the webbing of the feather:
Cherry_Spey-875-9212095.jpg

Michael

E
eggs
Well done.. very nice flies!

Irishrover
Irishrover
MLW ....good looking flies and your camera work is over the top. Nice.

F
FlyBum
Peeerrrrrrrddddd :clap:

F
FlyBum
Good job! I like those Sili-legs on that prince. You should also check out some life flex and double it up on each side makes it kinda fun either way though.

S
steelhead_slayer
mouse.jpg
my first attempt at spinning deer hair and tying a mouse

S
steelhead_slayer
mouse 2.jpg
It Works! also caught a 20in rainbow, but it came off when i lifted it for the picture

M
mlw
re mouse: very cool - nothing like instant gratification.
I think it needs a little tail of soft leather, chamois, etc
I have seen ears on them too, but doubt the fish can.
Michael

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Well, an update on my ice dub prince, on my last trip to a small stream i counted 9 fish on it, 4-5 fish short of outfishing a possie bugger while on the top of a dropper setup in size 12. going to have a pic of that fly up plus a black ice mega prince, trying to get a good picture but the phone doesn't take good ones, will figure something out

F
FlyBum
Here's a little Bull Trout "Candy" for tomorrows fishing on the Metolius. Hope it is SNOWING! :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
brandon4455
brandon4455
dnice ties! doesn't suprise me they eat the little ones..thats just like when i hooked a steelhead on the deschutes with a size 16 pheasent tail :lol: i hope to be out there in the snow sometime as well good luck!

B
bigsteel
FlyBum said:
Here's a little Bull Trout "Candy" for tomorrows fishing on the Metolius. Hope it is SNOWING! :dance:
what size you tying those in flybum?

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
Don't get me wrong, I'll throw a big beefy streamer, but there is some trickery down the the 16, 18 and 20 range! :) You just never know :)