Your favorite campsite, Maupin, Deschutes

Echskech

Echskech

This friday 5/14, I plan to camp off of the Deschutes near Maupin. I'll be staying through the weekend and fishing the salmonfly hatch.

Can any OFF'rs recommend some camping locations of choice to set up camp at? As of now, my intention is to show up mid day friday and scout as many locations between Harpham Flats CG and Beavertail CG.

If anybody plans to be in the area and wants some fishing company, shoot me a line.

Attachments

• 20210406_172614.jpg
    20210406_172614.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
S

Snopro

As of now, my intention is to show up mid day friday and scout as many locations between Harpham Flats CG and Beavertail CG.
Mid day Friday might be a little late to the party. That river on this weekend, it's going to be nutz.

Grant22

Grant22

This friday 5/14, I plan to camp off of the Deschutes near Maupin. I'll be staying through the weekend and fishing the salmonfly hatch.

Can any OFF'rs recommend some camping locations of choice to set up camp at? As of now, my intention is to show up mid day friday and scout as many locations between Harpham Flats CG and Beavertail CG.

If anybody plans to be in the area and wants some fishing company, shoot me a line.
I have a lot of family members that live out there in wamic/pine hollow and are good friends with Gill (one of the guides). I would just take the first spot you could find for camping, it gets pretty crazy out there.

R

realradiobrian

Just curious why it's a big weekend up there?

O

olshiftybiscuits

Keep a close eye out for rattlers. Snakiest year I’ve experienced out there by far.

DOKF

DOKF

Thanks for the update on rattlers!

Grant22

Grant22

Keep a close eye out for rattlers. Snakiest year I’ve experienced out there by far.
yeah those suckers'll get you, they like to hangout on and underneath large flat rocks along the riverbank, conveniently the same rocks you would want to fish off of.

C

CollinK

Speaking of rattlesnakes. This guy decided to watch me one morning. We both had a nice river view, but I decided to let him have it for himself. Have no idea how long I stood in front of him. Love The Deschutes!

Attachments

• FirstStrike.jpg
    FirstStrike.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 18
O

olshiftybiscuits

Speaking of rattlesnakes. This guy decided to watch me one morning. We both had a nice river view, but I decided to let him have it for himself. Have no idea how long I stood in front of him. Love The Deschutes!
Wow man, I'd need new pants! Cool shot.