Winchester Bay

Duckcross

I fished 3 days this last weekend saw two fish being fought nothing landed, I never had a bite in three days. Fishing was really slow and the grass in the river was horrible bad. With that said I will try again this weekend hopefully they have to be coming soon.

Duckcross

I hope it gets better or the ocean lays down. We fished 4 rods per day I would have been so excited just to get a take down.

Duckcross

I fished all the water from 17 to the 101 bridge. I spent a lot of time right at the top of the big bend that's where the 200+ boats were.

Utahutes

Going out on thursday. Have never fished in the bay usually wait until their in the umpqua. I'm a bank fisherman looking for place to fish from bank. Any suggestions I would be fore ever thankful.

Duckcross

Going out on thursday. Have never fished in the bay usually wait until their in the umpqua. I'm a bank fisherman looking for place to fish from bank. Any suggestions I would be fore ever thankful.
Go To half moon Bay in Winchester Bay and throw large spinners there will be others there. There is some local bait shops that sale spinners to use there is a local version that is very popular. Every year there is several salmon caught from the beach from half moon bay to the entrance of the southern basin.

Utahutes

Go To half moon Bay in Winchester Bay and throw large spinners there will be others there. There is some local bait shops that sale spinners to use there is a local version that is very popular. Every year there is several salmon caught from the beach from half moon bay to the entrance of the southern basin.
Better to fish with incoming tide (high) or does it really matter

Thanks for the info. I never fish the crowds. I don't do real well but I have less problems and have actually caught more fish that way. I have to wait until I clear with the doc on the 15th then I can go.

Duckcross

Found one fishing the Umpqua river below the 101 this weekend saw 1 other caught real slow but it was my cousins first salmon she had a blast and says she is addicted now. IMG_1662.jpg

Top Bottom