Wilson River cuts and then some....

G
GDBrown
Iv'e been out of town for a few days and finally got around to sharing this story.

Last Friday evening I decided I needed some anti-depressant. So I took the 4wt and headed for the Wilson to play with the cuts for a while. I hit two or three of my favorite holes with some success. About an hour before dark (when you can't see to walk back to the car) I got into some nice cuts, one was about 14 inches and the hatch was heavy with fish rising everywhere. Then all of a sudden it stopped! I took three more drifts with the elkhair cadis and I knew why. The bats had come out for diner:shock: They were all over the place. Including the end of my line.

I felt really bad but I wanted my favorite fly back, so I truched a quarter mile back to the truck so I could get my leather gloves and set the little guy free.

I left him on the side of the tree and put my gear away. When I went back to check on him he was gone!

So the evening cured my depression:lol: but boy did I have a back ache when I got home.:wall: it took five minutes to walk around the truck and into the house. I let the Valium work for half and hour then crawled up stairs to bed.

Sometimes the fly rod is for serious fishing!!!!

GD

T
the_intimidator03
Lol nice job, Kudos on the bat and effort put forth in releasing it with minimal damage

Raincatcher
The right thing to do..

The right thing to do..

GD;
I applaud your humanitarianism! :clap: Hope you're feeling better.

M
metalfisher76
I`ve hit `em with my line but never actually hooked 1! Good release!!

GraphiteZen
Yeah no kidding! I have had them pick up my fly line off the water but never had one get the fly! Determined little guy, great hearing to boot!!