Will this work for winter steelhead??

F
Fishpdx
hey guys i'm new to this and Just asking if this setup would catch me some nice steelhead photo 2.jpgphoto 1.jpg
It's a white Scented Worm, with a Korkey and some beets at the end of worm, And i might even put some salmon eggs on the hook.

E
eugene1
I've had luck with pink worms under a float.

Best,

S
steelheader19
Depends on the fish,but yes u can and if u dont seem to get anything try a pink worm

P
plumb2fish
Get rid of the corkie if float fishing, it will just ride up the leader unless you peg it.....if you want to use the corkie, try drift fishing it...

S
SteelyDan's
What plumb said ^^. I would also recommend putting that worm on a jig head if your float fishing so you can get your worm down otherwise it'll probably just float around not where you want it. You can get an off colored jig head to give it a some contrast like your corky was. You can drift that same rig just minus the bobber if you want to go that way. Good luck out there hope you get some hook ups. Welcome to OFF. We like pictures too :).

F
Fishpdx
Okay Thanks for the Advice everyone, BTW I have Pink worms, just wanted to try these out.

R
ryank
To make that float ride properly you will probably need more weight than what is pictured. The float should float vertically once it's in the water, and the water line should be about at the chartreuse line.