What's your go to bait....

R
ryan808
I can hear the crickets on this board, no one has posted anything in a while. Let me start this thread and see how far it goes.

Just wondering what everyone's go to bait is. I'll start off by saying..... Man this is hard, being I change baits every 10th cast. I guess I have to say the 5" wacky rigged senko.

Last edited:
T
tomriker
crabs

T
tomriker
or maybe just black jigs with black trailers

F
Finneus Polebender
When nuthin else seems to work BOC baby! Was wishin I would have brought some when they had no interest in the ol sebile tonight.

Last edited:
T
tomriker
going out tomorrow evening, hope the evening bite is on! haven't been out in the evening since late spring!

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice been gettin most of mine lately in the eve!

R
ryan808
Got some saltwater baits (squids) ,lol we`ll see how they work.

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
When nuthin else seems to work BOC baby! Was wishin I would have brought some when they had no interest in the ol sebile tonight.

X's 2 man!!! I need to find another BOC though for those times when even the BOC doesn't work. lol

R
ryan808
The flying squirrel.......

T
TTFishon
Yeah, I like the flying squirrel. I'm such a dork. I was at Wholesale sports yesterday and should've bought some but completely forgot.

T
tomriker
its sad we are the only ones that post :(

D
Drew9870
If I am targetting Largemouth in a private pond, definitely a Buzzbait.

T
Thuggin4Life
Whatever the i see people using

A
alseaalumaweld
240 color 4 inch senko. all day everday puts fish in the boat

C
colbypearson
swimbaits. jigs. i have a billion of each thats about it LOL.

Troutski
Troutski
Small Gold Spoons w/shrimp oil.

Chuck

R
ryan808
Wide variety on the go to baits, good deal.

H
Hendo30
I would have to say I have always had much success and when all else fails I toss a 6 inch Fat Roboworm-Margarita Mutilator, most roboworms I have fished and I normally have several on hand. They have always worked for me. My alternate go to would be the Zoom Green pumpkin Brush Hog.

Thanks everyone for sharing their thoughts! I will try some of everyone esles "go to's"...

T
TurnerBassin91
When I'm targeting the biggest fish in the lake I opt for a swimbait and jig. For numbers and a chance at big fish weightless 5 inch wacky senko in wat/grn pump. laminate. Deadly.... :D

B
Boo
I don't put much effort into fishing for large mouth, so when I talk bass I'm talking smallies. I don't have a "go to" bait. If you're targeting small mouth in a spot that is normally a good spot, and they're not hitting basic stuff that usually works, you haven't found the fish. My "go to bait" is a spot 25 yards down stream, or 25 yards up stream, depending on where I just came from.

If I make a dozen casts with a couple baits, and don't see any action, I move. I learned that principle from a guide who gave me some pointers on catching harvest trout years ago. Now days I apply it to nearly all species. (Sturgeon, or plunking for Salmon/Steelhead would be exceptions.) Using this principle probably tripled the total number of fish I catch.