Whats your favorite weekend fishing get aways?

small coastal stream cutthroat trout on ultralight spinning gear and i agree with mark on the springer deal, almost always nice weather and you can sit back and relax.

Hagg for sure!! Love that lake since i was 8. but thanks to gungasuncle and moe I might be getting into common wealth a bit. I've hit bethany a few times cuase it's just down the road from my place but never been real impressed.

A lake along the N. Umpqua. It's not far from Diamond Lake and much lower in elevation. It's real close to some awesome water falls and some hot springs. Ill be going there again this may can't wait :D

Summer time i love bass fishing the sloughs off the willamette river or fishing off the jetties on the coast!

+1!

I fish it all in the Spring/Summer, whether it's fishing city limits for warmwater fish, bottom fishing off Yaquina, fishin the cliffs at Boiler Bay, or casting/fly fishing for some Trout/Steel/Salmon.

A fish is a fish when it is at the end of my rod (usually bigger ones in the warmer months), usually fish as light as possible with the exception of the Jetty.

I'm generally on the Willamette fishing up and down the East side of the river up from the bridges all the way to Minto, Minto Island is a cool place, I'm gonna try my luck at some plunking once the Springers work their way up, that would be pretty neat riding the longboard downtown and up State St with a couple Nookies hanging off my arm.

fish4life, Brownlee is fish paradice, all sorts of monsters lurking around too, another place I would love to be as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom