What's up Shimano???

M
meluvtrout
Honestly I didn't know that Shimano owned G. Loomis until Osmosis told me last week(Since 1997). Now they also acquired PowerPro.
Sounds like pretty sooon we'll have all our gear with Shimano tags... I wonder if they'll make an offer to Lamiglas as well? :)

Shimano American Acquires PowerPro/Innovative Textiles

New PowerPro website launches April 1st, 2009.

Power Pro

SHIMANO AMERICAN ACQUIRES INNOVATIVE TEXTILES –
MAKER OF POWER PRO FISHING LINE

IRVINE, Calif. – December 31, 2008 – Shimano American Corporation, Irvine, Calif., has completed its agreement to acquire Innovative Textiles, Inc., the company best known as the makers of PowerPro braided fishing line, announces Dave Pfeiffer, Shimano American president.

While maintaining manufacturing operations and staff at its facility in Grand Junction, Colo., Pfeiffer notes the Innovative Textiles sales and marketing efforts will be transitioned to Shimano American’s operations in time for the ICAST show this coming July in Orlando.
“The extensive background that Konrad Krauland and his team at Innovative Textiles have in braiding and textile engineering is one of the key assets of our acquisition,” said Pfeiffer. “Krauland will join our management team as a vice president, focusing on production, coordinating manufacturing and new product development with Shimano offices worldwide.”
Pfeiffer further notes that Shimano will aggressively market the PowerPro branded products to the international sportfishing market. “While Konrad and Innovative Textiles have become a leader in braided fishing lines here in the U.S., the connection now with Shimano will allow us to grow the business throughout Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe and Latin America.
Established in 1992, Innovative Textiles introduced PowerPro braided fishing line to the market in 1997. The company first started making Spectra fiber braid for kite flying, plus Krauland and his engineering staff were involved with other companies who needed their braiding expertise for some of the first braided fishing lines.
“To be able to make that next big leap, from a strong brand in the U.S. fishing market to one that will have solid global presence, we couldn’t be happier now being part of Shimano American Corporation,” said Krauland. “As we integrate our Grand Junction operations into Shimano’s operation in Irvine and sales offices around the globe, we look forward to working on the next innovations in fishing line technology and other new products over the next years.”
Shimano American Corporation is the U.S.-based subsidiary of Shimano, Inc. a multi-national manufacturer of bicycle components and fishing tackle. It now has operations in Irvine, Calif., Grand Junction, Colo., Woodland, Wash., Louisville, Colo., Peterborough, Ontario, and Kirchzarten, Germany.
###

Troutski
Troutski
Shimano...

Shimano...

" What's up Shimano???
Honestly I didn't know that Shimano owned G. Loomis until Osmosis told me last week(Since 1997). Now they also acquired PowerPro.
Sounds like pretty sooon we'll have all our gear with Shimano tags... I wonder if they'll make an offer to Lamiglas as well?"

Probably not, Shimano only puts their name on quality products;)

Chuck

A
ArcticAmoeba
Oh boy Chuck! Are you tryin to start a rod war! Hahahahaha!:lol: But I will say this. If you look up what blanks are being used for Loomis, and which blanks are being used on the Shimano labled rods... You would slap Gary Loomis right in his face for upping the price by 220% just for differnt lables. The Cennan, is a blank that Loomis says they charge 100 dollars for... Just the blank. The Cennan was on Sale for 99 complete, but the same blank'd Loomis was still 290 on sale. Funny how things like this work out.

M
meluvtrout
What is it that you don't like about Lamiglas Chuck? The craftsmanship?

Troutski
Troutski
Flicking crap...

Flicking crap...

meluvtrout said:
What is it that you don't like about Lamiglas Chuck? The craftsmanship?

I own two Lamiglas custom rods, both are great. I also own two G.Loomis off the rack light weight spinning rods; both are over five years old and am very happy with both. With this rod collection comes four Fenwick rods, one a old Fiberglass spinning rod and two Fiberglass fly rods; and one custom 5 1/2' World Class Ultra light spinning. My trolling rods are Shakespeare and Lamiglass. I guess you could say the only rod maker that is not in my boat is a Shimano...but most all the rods have a Shimano on them.
Sorry for the "stirring the pot" post; the devil made me do it...;)
In my humble opinion G.Loomis is like Les Swab, once the original owners gave up control the company and the service went down hill. I can remember a time when you drove up to a Les Swab and they literally came running out of the wood work to help you. Same goes with G.loomis...at one time they valued each and every customer and treated them with dignity and respect...now it's like going into Wally World.. Now this is just my opinion.

Chuck

Chuck

Top Bottom