What’s that smell?!

FairweatherFisher
FairweatherFisher
Went to Newport yesterday and dropped my crab trap in off the crab dock by Rogue brewery, and was floored by the most permeating putrid stench. It smells like a vault toilet with vomit on the floor. I noticed it last time I went crabbing there, too, but I can’t remember ever encountering that stench before last year.

Anyone know what it is?
My guess is some sort of byproduct from the brewing process, or maybe from the distillery, now that they do that too? Whatever it is, it’s awful and makes it very unpleasant to be on the south side of the bay.

In other news, I caught one large female dungeness and one burly red rock. Ate him, the dungy went back in, of course.

Casting Call
Casting Call
I think it's called fermentation?????? Tony

FairweatherFisher
FairweatherFisher
Casting Call said:
I think it's called fermentation?????? Tony
I used to homebrew beer, and it never smelled like this. Also, like I’d said, I never used to smell it until the last year or so, yet that brewery has been there a long time. Likewise, none of the other breweries I’ve been to or near put off that awful funk. Usually brewing smells like a fat bowl of Grape-nuts.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Also, might be dead Alge (super foamy waters) M2 cents Tony

Reactions: FairweatherFisher
Irishrover
Irishrover
It's the Rouge Brewery. Moored my boat down there for years. Some days the sell would be worse than others, but what you are describing sounds like a real bad day. They not only brew beer, but they also distill spirits. That may add to the aroma. Their hard booze is way overpriced. One thing I know for sure is when we would pull out of the marina and head for the open ocean it really was a breath of fresh air. That's the brewery in the background RSRW9179 (2).JPG

Reactions: FairweatherFisher
Top Bottom