What's everyone doing

jamisonace
jamisonace
What are you doing to be ready for the rivers to be back in shape after this rain?

I lost a bunch of gear fishing a young kid on the 1st. He also got to fight the biggest steelhead I've ever had on in my boat but it ended up getting the best of him after about 10 minutes of battle. So I'm hoping to tie a season's worth of yarnie and bead rigs this week.

Here's my start.

20220104_101752.jpg

Reactions: Admin
G
Gulfstream
Should be good after the rain quits

Reactions: Admin and jamisonace
C_Run
C_Run
I cleaned and oiled all four of the reels I might use for steelheading and fixed one guide that was a bit loose with some superglue. I also replaced the line on one reel and pre tied a few rigs and whipped up another batch of homemade spoons. Now I'm waiting.

Reactions: Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Sounds like you're ready to give the Elk another try.

Reactions: Admin and C_Run
C
Cohobolo
I loaded two of my bobberdoggin reels with powerpro v2 slick 50lb braid, set up my jig and clear water bead float rod, rigged my corkie and okie drift fishing rod, rigged two sidedrifting rods with hi-vis line on the reels just because several of us love to feel the bite, replaced the topshot on my plug rods with a fresh crazy Alberto knot, pre-tied soft and hard beads, worms, okies and corkies, yarnies, and sidedrifting roe rigs, all with sharpened hooks, sharpened the hooks on my plugs and finished replacing trebles with siwash and big river hooks, cleaned my rods and rubbed them down with a light coating of lemon pledge, made up a few new stick weights to complement my Stoney Brook weights, bought some fresh sandshrimp oil scent from Marie at Tillamook Bait, loaded my phone with the ODFW ELS for the first time, and ate a few Christmas cookies. I bonked my first steelhead before the end of the year and now I'm ready to go for 2022.

Reactions: jamisonace and Admin
H
halibuthitman
Killed a 24 pack of white claws and polished my favorite beads... TO VICTORY!!!

Reactions: jamisonace and NKlamerus
S
Snopro
I don't know why anyone would drink one much less a case. Trying to give your bladder a workout? šŸ˜†

Reactions: halibuthitman and Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Had to look it up.

This hard seltzer trend is mystifying.

Buy a case of unflavored seltzer, a bottle of flavored syrup of your choice, and a bottle of neutral spirits.

Cocktails are for girls, but I like highballs, so I guess Iā€™m a girl.

Painting beads seems like a good time to drinkā€¦

See, not a threadjack, keeping it on topic.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I've redone my terminal tackle (go box, not deep storage) at least 4 times , and tried a dozen different tackle box setups in my kayak crate

Been spending too much money on tackle warehouse

Pretty much finished weeding out my Gamakatsu hooks. Switched over to VMC mostly, the quality is astronomically higher, that 30Ā° offset on EWG's has really increased my hookup ratio

White claws are good! Second to trulys, bit less seltzer, bit more flavor. The lemonade or iced tea packs are great all summer, doesn't dehydrate me like beer
d03f57aa67f7a06ab5f6b2237a4d8cda.jpg
8b288d5545f71f065723ff357cc1223a.jpg
d2aefdee4804197cd00657a05ac7ec00.jpg

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Man that is a STOUT hook for a 1/4 oz bait. Have you fished the Mini-Max before?

Reactions: NKlamerus
jamisonace
jamisonace
halibuthitman said:
Killed a 24 pack of white claws and polished my favorite beads... TO VICTORY!!!
Good to hear from you HHM. Long time. If I know you at all, one of these activities is sarcasm and the other malapropism.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Shaun Solomon said:
Man that is a STOUT hook for a 1/4 oz bait. Have you fished the Mini-Max before?
I have not but apparently they have been the ticket down in Florida. I actually mailed some down for a buddy who fishes the lakes I used to, every day.

He sends me reports lol

The hooks are great, 2/0 black nickel, most regular chatterbaits come with a 5/0 silver hook. He believes there's a big difference between baits with a snap on the blade and the ones with the twisted metal line tie.

I'm actually flying down next Thursday for 2 weeks
bc8cf6fe39470033fbf35780857b0789.jpg
9b7e8cb5ad1b11334bceb96d92fdd03b.jpg

S
Snopro
I ordered a bunch too. I think that 2/0 is going to make it an ideal bait for smallmouth. I know I've missed some on 4/0 chatters.

Reactions: NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Snopro said:
I ordered a bunch too. I think that 2/0 is going to make it an ideal bait for smallmouth. I know I've missed some on 4/0 chatters.
That'd my hope as well, it's got a much tighter vibration for sure.

I picked up another bullshad as well after watching smallmouth quake shad all summer long. Feathering the surface while 3-4 smallmouth chase them

Not a better imitation than this guy, went with the 6" version. Just big enough to attract larger fish but I can still throw it without a swimbait rod
81ebcb9705f279f19f3d0652767c32b7.jpg