What level everybody like?

S
SALTYFISH
Well I have been 3 times this winter. First trip was early conditions were great I think the river was at like 5ft. And I hooked up with the earliest winter of my life and for the boat.

Second trip was after the first rain we got and the river was at like 7ft. I was ok with the height but the river had way to much color so no fish.

Third trip river was low and cold I fished in that snow storm for some crazy reason and ya no fish. O and the river ws at like 5.5ft

So I was just wondering people who drift the nestuca what height do you like the river at?

And Is anybody going tommorow I know I am. Just hope the color is ok.

S
SantiamDrifter
5-6 is considered ideal. Above 6 is starting to get high, and under 5 is getting low. Some people fish it up to 7, you just have to know how to fish high water. Perfect water levels for each drift look like this. 6ft for 6th bridge, 5.8 for 4th and 5.5 for 1st and down. Of course its all personal preference.

S
steelhead1
Nestucca was BANGIN today!

S
SALTYFISH
steelhead1 said:
Nestucca was BANGIN today!

Is that what you heard or were you there?

If you were there did you float? Need more details please...

S
steelhead1
I was hikin' today. Water was still a little high and just coming into color,but the fishin is good!Use high water tactics and look for fish in transition.

B
Berg03
Don't brag man! We hit the Nestucca today and we had a few bites but no luck! We fished it alll day. We were hitting spots all the way up to Elk creek where the deadline is. :( The water looked good and the holes looked great but no fishes!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Berg03 said:
Don't brag man! We hit the Nestucca today and we had a few bites but no luck! We fished it alll day. We were hitting spots all the way up to Elk creek where the deadline is. :( The water looked good and the holes looked great but no fishes!
it happens brad. not use to high water fishing like that. was a bummer but it happens. besides,it's a fishing forum nothing wrong with a little bragging. we will get em next time

N
nwkiller
brag it up steelhaed1....lets see some pics!

B
Berg03
brandon4455 said:
it happens brad. not use to high water fishing like that. was a bummer but it happens. besides,it's a fishing forum nothing wrong with a little bragging. we will get em next time

Was a joke :/

brandon4455
brandon4455
B
Berg03
I would never tell anyone not to brag, have a good day on the water brag it up, your doing something right!

S
steelhead1
I really dont mind sharing some info, especially if someone is heading over to a place that I happened to have just fished. I wasn't trying to be a braggart,just offering some encouragement.No offense taken:)

B
Berg03
Glad someone caught some fish. Gonna go again next Saturday.