What is a good pontoon boat?

madasahab
madasahab
I am planning on getting a pontoon boat in the future for use on the north coast rivers and Santiams and maybe McKenzie and such. I have kinda narrowed it down to the two listed above. The outcast is about half the price, but is it as good a boat? Any help would be great...

Maybe a kayak is the way to go?
Heck, maybe just a raft?
Help!!!! lol

Basically just want it to get to more fishing spots than I can from the bank...

Last edited:
V
veilside180sx
Outcast is Aire's low end.

Skookum is overpriced IMO. There are other places to get a similar boat for less.

On whitewater, I trust the Maxxon/Skookum tubes more. I have taken my Maxxon tubed cat down just about anything most are willing.

madasahab
madasahab
veilside180sx said:
Outcast is Aire's low end.

Skookum is overpriced IMO. There are other places to get a similar boat for less.

On whitewater, I trust the Maxxon/Skookum tubes more. I have taken my Maxxon tubed cat down just about anything most are willing.
do you have any links or info on other boats?

N
Native
I have a 10ft creek company boat. I float the Deschutes the Sandy and the Clackamas rivers with it. I think it is a good size and has big enough to handle any water. It is only 75lbs and fits good on the top of my vechiles. Creek company stands behind all of there products if it breaks they replace it.

J
jawjacker
I have an outcast fish cat and its ok. Those steelheader boats look to be the best money can buy. You can get a much better price buying a used pontoon and a lot of times the boat was never used or used lightly. I saved hundreds of dollars on my boat and bought it in pristine condition from a guy who had big hopes and dreams but had other priorities in life. For a river boat I would recomend the largest pontoons both in length and diameter that you can get away with. Made out of the most durable material you can find. The Steelheader comes stock with much better oars than an outcast boat but which ever boat you decide to go with consider an oar up grade if they are not one of the high quality carbon oars out there.

N
Native
My brother in law has a 9ft creeek company boat and the pontoons are small that my 10ft by a lot bigger is better. Getting wet is not fun on a cold day.

Last edited: