What happened to this site??

H
hawgcaller
It may just be me, but I have noticed that hardly anyone ever posts on this site anymore. I know that there has to be quite a few members out there slaying some sort of fish. I mean come on what is there like one or two springers posted total?? I know numbers are down but come on, they aren't that bad. Anyhow, summers have been good to me and I finally got me a springer this morning. Here are a few pics, Lets see some giant Umpqua springers and some Ivory finned steelies, quit holding out.

J
Jay Herb
I am down here at the southern end and their don't seams to be anyone fishing or they don't want to give a report. I just got the boat fired up and have to get the license for it and go get my fishing license too. I hope to go fishing this next week, will be going to Applegate lake to fish for Bass and I will give a report when I get back.

Y
Yogidabear
I have been out a few times with nothing to show for it, and have only seen one caught and landed. I just don't think the fish are here or they have lock jaw.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
hawgcaller said:
It may just be me, but I have noticed that hardly anyone ever posts on this site anymore. I know that there has to be quite a few members out there slaying some sort of fish. I mean come on what is there like one or two springers posted total?? I know numbers are down but come on, they aren't that bad. Anyhow, summers have been good to me and I finally got me a springer this morning. Here are a few pics, Lets see some giant Umpqua springers and some Ivory finned steelies, quit holding out.
Well, seems to me you have enough fish for three or four reports...just sayin'...:popcorn: Go ahead...I'll wait. :D

C_Run
C_Run
If I had a report , I'd let y'all know. Oh yeah, I went springer fishing yesterday and caught a trout. No pic so you'll have to take my word for it.

That's an awesome report, though. At least you're setting the example. Where's everybody else?

M
MattZ
Its like that on every fishing site right now. Its called nice weather. cabin fever is over and people are too busy fishing, except me. damn it

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
MattZ said:
Its like that on every fishing site right now. Its called nice weather. cabin fever is over and people are too busy fishing, except me. damn it
Me too, Matt...and I'm here to tell ya, it sucks! :protest: :wall:

H
hawgcaller
Raincatcher said:
Me too, Matt...and I'm here to tell ya, it sucks! :protest: :wall:

That is exactly what I am saying, and I will admit that I am guilty of it too, I don't think I posted a single winter. Last year it just seemed like everyone was having a great time enjoying each others fish and it just isn't the same this year. I guess those select few that like to pick peoples posts apart and try to put people down have scared everyone OFF???

R
rippin fish lips
Nice Post HC. I have beein out tearin the rivers up, but havent touched a single fish since my last report. Since late april/early may. The river and fish just aren't being too nice to me yet this year to even give a good solid report.

My Report from today...

Fished for 8 hours with nothing to show. not even a trout. Although my fishing experience today was a bust and all my confidence went downhill when i dropped my keys in the Boulders, and the key had to land in the only never ending hole, so it is on the bottom of the river somewhere now.

Bright side... I am home alive and didn't die of heat exaustion, from lack of water/fluids. Other then that, todays fishing experience was brutal and was not enjoyable. Maybe taking 2 weeks off fishing was a bad idea. Feeling rusty....

But i think everyone is focusing on their own gig this year. focusing on their own success and not caring about sharing reports, for the report chasers.

Last edited:
hobster
hobster
Awesome fish hawgcaller, slayin em. I met you last summer at the hatchery hole at Leaberg , we talked about doin some smallmouth fishin. I've been up there 4 times so far and haven't landed a fish yet. 0/2, had one on a couple of days ago just to loose it to a log. Its been slow for the most part, and very few people when I was there.

E
eugene1
Nice fish, hawg!

Wish I could partake in the summer runs, but have to wait for salmonids til the salmon opener down here which is July 16.

Best,

P
plumb2fish
Haven't been doing much steelhead fishing...I have been out whacking halibut....

S
Silvers&Steelies
I haven't been out much and when I get a chance it's usually for a couple hours or when the weather isn't great. I had more time in the winter to go but since April I have been out maybe 5-7 times. I think a lot of people are trying to be keep people from fishing around them from lurkers reading reports.

L
Liphooked
Columbia river has been tricky for me this week. seems I can't hook them. Plenty of bites on a night crawler. I have been bassing though. I haven't seen the boats do any better, but then again i'm to focused on my missed bite to see what their doing? lol. Well good luck all lines tight!

R
rippin fish lips
silvers&steelies said:
i think a lot of people are trying to be keep people from fishing around them from lurkers reading reports.

bingo.

H
hawgcaller
rippin fish lips said:

I bet none of us have ever lurked a post before.

H
hawgcaller
plumb2fish said:
Haven't been doing much steelhead fishing...I have been out whacking halibut....

My tag is still clean for halibut, just sayin...

B
bran_man
Some nice ones.how did that springer end up cutting?

H
hawgcaller
bran_man said:
Some nice ones.how did that springer end up cutting?

It was the first springer that I have ever caught, lol. I come from the coast and my local rivers had no springers or summers. I would have never kept that fish if it was a fall fish but I had heard they cut good even slightly dark and I was pleasantly surprised. I should have taken a pic of the fillet but it cut better than the summer I caught that day.

F
fredaevans
Rogue River is running low and gin clear. Dead end of winter steelhead fishing, and very few summer fish this high up. Also pretty close to that for the Spring Kings. If you are going to fish, do it in the early morning ...... steady days of low-mid 90's at the moment. 91.6 at the moment.