Weird rig question

M
maaaxxd
Has anyone ever/ would it be possible to run a jet diver from the bank under a side planer? I have a salmon hole I want to hit from the bank, but can't find a bobber heavy enough to fish it well with eggs, and too snaggy for me to plunk it... maybe back bounce from the bank with one of the cages with the wire legs? Someone suggested side planer and diver, just curious how reasonable this is?

hobster
hobster
I’ve never tried it, but know people that have and have had success. You should give it a shot! Have you tried a 2 ounce bobber ? That 2 oz weight gets down pretty quick.

Reactions: allforthefish and maaaxxd
M
maaaxxd
hobster said:
I’ve never tried it, but know people that have and have had success. You should give it a shot! Have you tried a 2 ounce bobber ? That 2 oz weight gets down pretty quick.
Yes, that's what I usually use for chinook holes. I think I'd need like a 5 oz to fish this well... if I can find a heavy duty enough side planer I think it could work, but worried about the diver pulling it under.

A
allforthefish
maaaxxd said:
Yes, that's what I usually use for chinook holes. I think I'd need like a 5 oz to fish this well... if I can find a heavy duty enough side planer I think it could work, but worried about the diver pulling it under.
I have heard of people using bait divers with side planets from shore. Sounds like an intricate setup but could be productive.

Reactions: maaaxxd