we got bites!!!

D
dtikey
100MEDIA95IMAG0101.jpg100MEDIA95IMAG0102.jpgdownsized_1013121043.jpgdownsized_1013121646.jpgdownsized_1013121830.jpgdownsized_1013121038a.jpgSo today plumb to fish and I went to the slaw for some bank fishing and we did alright considering what we seen.First hour plumb lands a darky that went back into the drink with out much of a pic.We move hole and I got a bobber down set the hook and 23 inch jack.Yeah freebe!!Little later plumb hooks back up gets fatty hen then I hook back up and land another jack.Fish while longer no more bites switch holes and I hook a toad hook jawed dark buck that eventually I manage to loose.Mosd comes and jions us and I loose another fish then he hooks up and gets good buck.We all end up loosing couple more and then I get another buck.Re egg cast bobber back out bobber down and loose that fish as well.Good time for us and we seen one guy get a jack and another dark buck landed by another guy fishing with a spinner.Then we drove back home.

T
TJR_84
Good to hear there is action to be had, sounds like a great day.

M
mikeredding
Right on man. Looks like you guys dropped the hammer on them.

S
Santiam338
Looks like a blast...

R
rogue
Good job guys

D
dtikey
yeah thanks guys we had good time and if people are curious yes there was chromers up thier and we managed to loose these please we seen chrome bright coho rolling too.Would say all together yesterday we seen over hundred fish roll.

P
plumb2fish
Went back to the lower river this am and it appears that most of the fish have moved up during the night. On way to the forks now after an afternoon football game break.(my 8 yr old's team won. Woo Hoo)

E
eugene1
Very nice! You are getting them early again, first summer run on Mac and first river fish on slaw! Awesome.

Were you guys using nook eggs?

D
dtikey
I was using springers eggs that I cured and plumb to fish was also using springer eggs he cured.Two different cures both worked great.

Alright Tommy keep up the wins buddy.Mike A thought we talked about where those fresh fish would be and that was the hole you were going to fish.Sounds like you shoulda did it.

R
rippin fish lips
dtikey said:
yeah thanks guys we had good time and if people are curious yes there was chromers up thier and we managed to loose these please we seen chrome bright coho rolling too.Would say all together yesterday we seen over hundred fish roll.

I saw some Chromers in there yesterday... Yeah i had to go on an adventure to look around. First time ever seeing that area. It's amazing.

O
OnTheDrop
Well done you guys. I've been waiting for some rain to start getting coastal with it..I've been looking at the Slaw since I moved to Eugene as of late this summer as its the closest from river from my house for Nooks... I'll be heading there thursday after a 745 class in the AM. Looking to do some slaughtering...I mainly fish the Trask/Wilson systems and usually have many fish days on eggs/ Jigs tipped with sandshrimp. I'm just ready to add another river to my arsenal of chrome hunting. Anyone trying to meet up feel free to send a pm...Nice job again guys. Fall fishings my favorite!

R
rippin fish lips
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Well done you guys. I've been waiting for some rain to start getting coastal with it..I've been looking at the Slaw since I moved to Eugene as of late this summer as its the closest from river from my house for Nooks... I'll be heading there thursday after a 745 class in the AM. Looking to do some slaughtering...I mainly fish the Trask/Wilson systems and usually have many fish days on eggs/ Jigs tipped with sandshrimp. I'm just ready to add another river to my arsenal of chrome hunting. Anyone trying to meet up feel free to send a pm...Nice job again guys. Fall fishings my favorite!

Send a PM to Dtkey and see if he would meet up with you. Great guy to fish and learn a ton with!

D
dtikey
rippin fish lips said:
Send a PM to Dtkey and see if he would meet up with you. Great guy to fish and learn a ton with!

that was probally about my only trip over thier as I go back to huntong this weekend with my daughter sorry guys.Plus I looked at the river level this morning and up over 7 which means they are flying through so have to let it drop back down a little or boat it with plugs

O
OnTheDrop
Ah oh well. Thanks though guys. What would you say the ideal levels are to fish it? 4/5ft?

P
plumb2fish
For salmon bank fishing 4.5' and under is ideal....at least you have access to the most holes at that level

O
OnTheDrop
Thanks Plumb. So its looking like Thursday should be shaping up real nice for me. Any areas you may direct my bobber tossing self towards? Mapleton? Swisshome? Thanks again. Tight lines.