Wacky rig for bass fishing

T
Throbbit _Shane
Figured id do a report on here since is a slow time for fishing let alone bass fishing. Saturday I managed to catch the first bass out of FP's back yard pond. Soon after we had the boat in the water, I made Dave a bet about catching the first one from his pond, $5 to that person who could land one. I had been out fishing here at least a hand full of times already this year with out any luck and Dave had been out there even more because its in his back yard. Well I had some confidence in me since the day before I got my first two bass of the year, and they also happened to be my first ever swimbait fish. That was at a different pond but I knew if I could coax those fish into biting I could probably get some at FP's. I was throwing one of my go to worms, a melon pie yum dinger. Since there arnt many weeds right now I had it wacky rigged, love the action it has that way. Half way around fishing the pond I thought I had stuck a limb but after a head shake I knew what I had. Nice looking 3lber and fought good! Its been nice catching bass this early in the year :D :D

100_1086.jpg 100_1087.jpg

F
Finneus Polebender
Could not believe they appear to already be movin rocks, hence the nice red lipstick, well worth the 5 to see the first healthy one up for a photo opp.

J
jabs67
Great job Shane!!!!! :cool:

O
OnTheDrop
Hell yeah!

bass
bass
Nice fish and good job in taking FPs money :)

Do you all know what the water temp was?

H
Hawk
Well Done Hoss.........:lol::lol::lol:

:cool:

O
OnTheFly
Throbbit _Shane said:
a melon pie yum dinger.
Sorry but that just cracked me up. WTF? Is that the real name for that rubber worm?

Hey nice fish. FP..don't be making fish bets with Shane for awhile he's on a roll.

T
Throbbit _Shane
OnTheFly said:
Sorry but that just cracked me up. WTF? Is that the real name for that rubber worm?

Hey nice fish. FP..don't be making fish bets with Shane for awhile he's on a roll.

Yum is the brand, Dinger is the type of worm, Melon Pie would be the color :D

Me and TTFishon hit up a local bass hang out today. Not private this time. We each wound up catching a couple. Mine came on the same set up as above. Good day on the water especially after the sun came out!.

100_1108.jpg 100_1098.jpg

T
tomriker
did you guys toss the swimbaits at all?

T
Throbbit _Shane
yeah. Ted got a dink on one. Me nothing. Probably should of thrown it more though.

O
OnTheFly
Throbbit _Shane said:
Yum is the brand, Dinger is the type of worm, Melon Pie would be the color :D
My daughter said that a melon pie yum dinger sounds something to say in an insult contest.

Reactions: TTFishon
N
nixerx
Looks like she's been noming on some Crawfish judging by the red lipstick. Nice fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
nixerx said:
Looks like she's been noming on some Crawfish judging by the red lipstick. Nice fish!

I know so weird considering I have not seen one in my pond made me think they were bedding.

F
FISHIN
Nice