Videos moved?

B
bigfootfish
I see that numerous videos, not all mine, have been moved. Those videos were shot on the North Santiam and I assumed that is where they should be posted, not on a part of the forum far removed from where the videos should be. This is getting to be more like Ifish everyday.
One video I shot of the guy who made off with a wild Chinook ended abruptly as my camera's battery died and hence the video ended where it did. I wish my battery hadn't died when it did else I would have the rest of that video to show the authorities with that guy keeping the fish.

BFF

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
The videos were moved to the new video section, the people spoke, and it was decided that there should be a section for videos. I don't think that's like Ifish at all. Ifish doesn't look for input from anyone....they just do.

B
bigfootfish
JeannaJigs said:
The videos were moved to the new video section, the people spoke, and it was decided that there should be a section for videos. I don't think that's like Ifish at all. Ifish doesn't look for input from anyone....they just do.

Then how come there are still videos on the North Santiam page? Anatoliy himself told me quite awhile back to keep the videos coming, and to place them in the appropriate location. I wish I still had his PM telling me that so I could post it, since certain people seem to have indicated that I've been untruthful, calling into question and casting doubt on anything I may have to say or show. The people spoke? Where is the poll for that, I missed it somehow. This is a large website. It can take hours to try and look everywhere. The search engine doesn't always work too well. I rely on my e-mail address tied into my user-name to keep track of comments, suggestions and assorted things.

Anyway, I'm starting to see way too much BS on this website. Time to put my boots on so I can wade through the crap.

BFF

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Probably because they're in the process of moving things, and cleaning house doesn't just happen completely overnight, especially with such a large sight and so few moderators (moderators have lives too, outside of this site). Eventually I imagine all videos will be moved to the appropriate section. I'm not questioning whether or not you were told to put them under the location, just saying, that since then, things were changed around and a new location for videos has since been created, that's all. There was a thread a while back about it, I am at work and don't care to dig around for it, but it was under the discuss the forum section.

What sets this forum apart from the others, is that it's all about change and improvements, influenced by the users, and there will be plenty more change down the road, that's a guarantee.

I don't believe I did any slandering, putting down, belittling or otherwise, of anyone, at anytime on this site, and I have called no one a liar, as it's never been warranted here.

I guess that if you have issues, you should be taking them up with the administrator. Go straight to the top the authoritative food chain. Just a suggestion.

B
bigfootfish
JJ, you did not do anything to me except be a voice of moderation and peace. My comment was in regard to others who misread what they heard and saw. I was foolish enough to let my anger dictate my words.
I see where the videos are being put. All jumbled up, no order. Now everyone's videos of just the North Santiam are spread out, harder to find. Sheesh.

BFF

B
bigsteel
take no offense but dude you take this whole forum stuff way too seriously,,,why does it matter if theres a video section?thats where they should be so there easily sorted through.im sorry you went to prison but thats your problem,,,that has nothing to do with oregon fishing forums,,,no one has called you anything all ive seen is you acting like a child toward someone that called you out,,,,,the only thing that is remotely like ifish is you ranting and sniveling...if you dont like the BS then dont let the door hit ya on the way out.just go fish

R
Rascal
bigsteel said:
take no offense but dude you take this whole forum stuff way too seriously,,,why does it matter if theres a video section?thats where they should be so there easily sorted through.im sorry you went to prison but thats your problem,,,that has nothing to do with oregon fishing forums,,,no one has called you anything all ive seen is you acting like a child toward someone that called you out,,,,,the only thing that is remotely like ifish is you ranting and sniveling...if you dont like the BS then dont let the door hit ya on the way out.just go fish

ok i think this is a little hostile... but any way i agree with bff in the fact his vids should be in the N. Santiam section but i also dont mind if there is just a section for vids

and by the way i dont see why you get to tell any one what their passions should be. just because this is just a forum to you doesn't mean it can't be a passion for some one else.

i also hope this thread doesn't get turned into a out of hand argument again... thats just my opinion agree with me or not

ps a would send antoily an pm and he will most likely move the vids back

M
Markcanby
No offence BFF but a lot of the forum listing were get filled up with videos that real have no point to them other than to see what a river looks like. So moving them into a video section is a very good idea an Im sure once we get them all moved into one place we will be sorting them out into sections an types.

B
bigsteel
Rascal said:
ok i think this is a little hostile... but any way i agree with bff in the fact his vids should be in the N. Santiam section but i also dont mind if there is just a section for vids

and by the way i dont see why you get to tell any one what their passions should be. just because this is just a forum to you doesn't mean it can't be a passion for some one else.

i also hope this thread doesn't get turned into a out of hand argument again... thats just my opinion agree with me or not

HOSTILE???..hey man it gets real old listening to people complain on a fishing forum.what are you talking about?????i didn't tell him he can't like the forum,,,,,,i stated not to take it so seriously,,,its the internet man.

J
JeannaJigs
B
bigfootfish
Non-video moved to VIDEOS ONLY?

Non-video moved to VIDEOS ONLY?

This is interesting. This thread which doesn't contain a video gets moved to the videos page.:doh::wall::doh:
Bigsteel, you got a good point, as do many of the rest of you. I do tend to take fishing seriously, hence my passion for angling shows through.
What the SM's don't realize is that the MORE USER-FRIENDLY A WEBSITE IS THE BETTER IT WILL BECOME. Dumping all the videos pellmell into an unorganized mess is not USER-FRIENDLY. I got a PM from a longterm OFF member who appreciated being able to go to a lake or river listing and being able to find a video EASILY. Now he says he has to spend lots more time trying to find video previews of waters he is interested in fishing for the first time. I agree.
I got the resources to start up a full-blown website like OFF.:think: You never know.:D

BFF

B
beaverfan
I for one like having the videos all together that way when I want to watch a fishng video or two I don't have to search all over the site. Your way may help you out but it would be a nuissance to me! Now can we talk about something important, like fishing?

L
Left Bank
beaverfan said:
Now can we talk about something important, like fishing?

x2

B
bigfootfish
Rascal said:

Actually, having the videos on the Fishing Video page plus leaving them where they were posted with the appropriate lake/stream would be cool also. Just my opinion.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
beaverfan said:
I for one like having the videos all together that way when I want to watch a fishng video or two I don't have to search all over the site. Your way may help you out but it would be a nuissance to me! Now can we talk about something important, like fishing?

I thought having videos related to fishing WAS part of what this is all about. To each his/her own.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
beaverfan said:

but it would be a nuissance to me!:wall: but it would be a nuissance to me! :wall: but it would be a nuissance to me!:wall:

God has spoken!:pray::lol:

BFF