Videos from Spartankidfishing

S
Spartankidfishing
So I went on the hunt for some smallies and hooked onto a toad on the yamhill and he came off... so mad it was at least 5 pounds!!! Does anyone know of good spots in northern Oregon to get smallies and large mouth? Got video of it and some other smallies u got! Check it out

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
W
Willerman
Pull up google maps and check out any slough on the Willamette. I've hit quite a few around the valley and they all have largemouth in them. A lot of Willamette tribs have good smallie populations - like the Yamhill. Tualatin, Callapooia, Luckiamute, to name a few. The Santiam even has smallies in it. Good luck out there.

S
Spartankidfishing
Went out on the kayak today got the early morning top water blow ups on the spook!!! Check it out comment what kind of spook you would use or frog!!! I want to try new spooks!

• photo30551.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BaldTexan and Admin
B
BaldTexan
When I was in the south, I always did well at sunrise or sunset with black spooks and also was a big fan of Rebel Pop R's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spartankidfishing
troutdude
troutdude
Top water, is FUN. Are you talking about Zara Spook's? If so, black has been good to me. I also like Lucky 13's, in red/white or red/frog pattern. Black, or frog, Hula Poppers also produce.

Reactions: Spartankidfishing
S
Spartankidfishing
Okay awesome I didn't see that my black frog works well out here and the shadow color spooks but I'll pick up some black ones too!

S
Spartankidfishing
Hey guys so I've gotten a good idea of what the bass are 8doing now that it's warming up here in northern Oregon. What has been working for me is a drop shot with a 1/4 punch weight and the soft plastic to match whatever color of water you're on so the less visibility the darker the soft plastic! And now that it's warmer you see more bugs out and that mean the fish will be jumping I've caught a few on a spook none on the frog yet but spooks seem to be working awesome right now. Here is a video of me using the spook and drop shot when it was warm water conditions

And comment and let me know what you use for summer baits