Tualatin starting to get some fish!!

S
sapo
I went down to the tualatin at cook park yesterday, mostly just to scout it out, and toss a line here and there. I didn't get many bites, but I saw something pretty interesting! I was fishing at the boat ramp and a nice, 10-15 pound very chrome bright coho jumped clear out of the water. It surfaced about 5 more times in about an hour. I then started tossing some blue fox #3 and #4 spinners, however the coho didn't really seem to like what I was offering. It's nice to see that the Tualatin is getting fish this early!! Has anybody had luck salmon fishing there? What worked best? In a month or so I may go back to see if I can actually land one!

B
Big3d
I've seen 'em in there. I couldn't get a bite either. The popular spot is down by the mouth as far as tualatin coho fishing goes. That's my entire knowledge on the subject. Good luck.

Best Fishes,
Big3d

O
OnTheDrop
I will personally hand you a 20$ bill if you catch a spinner caught coho in the Tualitin...

The only Coho that I know bite after traveling that far is the small run of wilds in the Clack in November/December..

Good luck,

B
Big3d
Would that apply to everyone? 2 months to earn 20 bucks...

O
OnTheDrop
Yes, offer stands until the end of September. The bulk will move in over the next few weeks, especially with the big tide series coming up..

E
eugene1
Cool, hope it's a big run of them this year.

D
DrTheopolis
Sounds a bit... fishy to me...

What with a grand total of 19 coho over the Falls as of yesterday.

It's a couple of months before they'll show in any numbers.

And the Tualatin is probably pushing 75 degrees right now.

But I might have to hop on my bike and check it out anyway, since Cook Park is not too far at all.

B
Big3d
Hey that's 19x as many as needed for him to have seen this fish. Either way end of the month should produce a few at the mouth.

S
sapo
@DrTheo yeah, I know its really early, there should start to be a few more later this month. And I guarantee you I saw one, it jumped clear out of the water on the first jump, then jumped/splashed on the river 5 more times in a stretch of about 100 feet. If you go to the Tualatin in a few weeks to check it out, let me know how you do, if you fish.

@SteelmonKiller thanks for the advice, lol I hope i can get that $20

@Big3D thanks, good info

C
CESAR503
I wonder if they run through rood bridge:D

T
troutmasta
sapo said:
@DrTheo yeah, I know its really early, there should start to be a few more later this month. And I guarantee you I saw one, it jumped clear out of the water on the first jump, then jumped/splashed on the river 5 more times in a stretch of about 100 feet. If you go to the Tualatin in a few weeks to check it out, let me know how you do, if you fish.

@SteelmonKiller thanks for the advice, lol I hope i can get that $20

@Big3D thanks, good info

Late summer?