Tragic for Umpqua springers

S
smoky
Sad day you think someone would be checking it more often.

Raincatcher
What a horrible waste! It's going to be difficult to recover from one hour of one mistake. Let's just hope ODFW will find a way to release more very soon.

Hooked Up
Sad day you think someone would be checking it more often.

My thought exactly. Have a better water monitoring system.

L
Lurker
A single fish carcus? Conspiracy theorists: unite!

hobster
Yeah that just sucks :sad:

jamisonace
Reel_Deal
very sad...but now that means even more pressure on the slaw at that time and that's going to suck.

rogerdodger
very sad...but now that means even more pressure on the slaw at that time and that's going to suck.

not exactly, I think the pre-smolts lost were springers...so no impact on Fall runs...

K
kwikfisher
Fall Chinook

Fall Chinook

So the fall chinook season has started as of 7/1 on the umpqua, might a launch out of Winchester bay be a fair bet next week? Hard to say I'm sure in these unusual times. Happy 4th everybody!

rogerdodger
So the fall chinook season has started as of 7/1 on the umpqua, might a launch out of Winchester bay be a fair bet next week? Hard to say I'm sure in these unusual times. Happy 4th everybody!

just a regulation technicality but it has been open for spring chinook since Feb.1 and then it magically switches to fall chinook on 8/1...I have always heard the end of July is when Winchester Bay starts seeing fall nooks...

J
JonT
Good ol' hatcheries!

jamisonace
I agree Jon. Hatcheries are good. They are an important part of our conservation efforts, important to our sport fishing industry and a wonderful asset to our state. It's nice to agree with you on this.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk