Today's 27" Steelhead.

J
jeffcycles
Here are a couple of photos of today's Steelhead caught on the Clackamas underneath a bobber on an 1/8th ounce jig.

She had a nightcrawler still wiggling in her belly when I cleaned her up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y
youngbuck307
nice job man i didn't know there were still summers where did you pick him up at on the clack?

L
loubob
Today's 27" Steelhead

Today's 27" Steelhead

Cool! Thanks for sharing!

C
Cohosanders
Nice Jeff. I can't believe how many bites I got yesterday and of course my first landed steelie. No bites today we leave and then bobber down for you. Nice looking fish. We're gonna kill it this winter:dance:

M
masmith
pretty

T
Troutier Bassier
How do you get to Mciver park?

C
Cohosanders
Hey TB,
The easiest way to get there is 224 towards estacada and then go RIGHT at Carver over the bridge then LEFT follow that road about 15 miles(you will drive away from river and by a bunch of Christmas Tree Farms) You will see a sign for Mcgiver and it's on your left. It is a$3 fee paid at the gate. Once you get there stay right towards boat ramp. It is about 3 miles down to the water. Park at the end of the parking lot between boat ramp and hatchery. You'll see a picknick bench under a tree and that is the trail head that leads you down to the water. People fish all up and down, but there is a sweet little eddie by the little creek that feeds in where they all hang out. Have fun.

G
ghostcow
Coho, thanks for the tips, can't wait to explore. I went up exploring the area on Sunday as I had not stopped here before., took a right in the park and went to the Moo platform on the reservoir. It was late so I thought I would throw the spoon out for an hour before it got dark. After, 30 min I felt a little bump on spoon but nothing bit, kept it coming back and then I saw my spoon being leisurely followed by a very nice steelhead, he bumped it twice and I had about 8 ft of line out so I walked up the side of the pier then back again, he followed it the whole figure 8 but then disappeared into the deep. So cool to see that in the clear deep water, of course would have been better if he would have pounced on it instead of just tapping it around. Next time maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Troutier Bassier
Thanx. I'm Probally gonna make another "Adventure" there on saturday.

Y
youngbuck307
im might..... might go up there some time if i get way to bored and at my girls place its not that much of a drive from there ill let u know how i do

K
koboabe
I really like mciver, but I have only caught smolt...
were you down by dog creek or up near the dam?

D
davem
Nice fish.

C
Chrome_Chaser
Not in bad shape at all for a summer steelie. Congrats!!:D:

L
lilsalmon
headin there on Friday...can't wait. We were there once before at the park and they were jumping all around us....just didn't like what was on the buffet that day I guess...;)

C
Cohosanders
They are hitng those tiny maribou jigs. I had one on a pink worm as well, but I had most bites and my only fish landed off a jig. Have fun...I am off to the Siuslaw:shock: