Time to slay some trout!

B
beaverfan
So after fishing my tail off all year Troutmasta and I decided tomorrow we'd take it easy and do some trout fishing! Gonna relax all day on the shore of this great lake. Try to catch some nice holdovers as well as maybe one of those recycled Steelhead or two. Gonna be my first trip in Oregon where I've been able to use two rods, hoping for a double my first time out! If anyone else wants to slay some trout your more than welcome to join us.

B
beaverfan
Headed back up there in the morning with GDBrown! Should be there by about 10:30. I'm pretty excited to fish this lake by boat and to also fish with someone who knows the lake well. A little rain isn't gonna stop me from having a good time. This is a really neat lake and actually has a "remote" feeling to it even though it's only a little over an hour from Portland. I remember reading about a plan to make a campground up there but they haven't yet, in fact there isn't even a sign to the lake and if you don't know where it is your not likely to find it your first time.

G
GDBrown
Get some sleep Jay, I'll be to your place around 9:30. You bring the snacks I got the gas.

GD

B
beaverfan
Sounds good, what kinda snacks do you like? Soda, water or what to drink? I'll be up and ready to go! I lost all my trout gear in the off season, can't figure out where I stuck it all so I pretty much started over this year and got a nice little tackle box set up. Even bought a new ultra light the other day, got a nice 5'6" IM7, sweet action on it hope I hook into one of those surplus Steelhead they threw in there.

G
GDBrown
I'll bring my diet coke you bring the munchies....

GD

beaverfan said:
Sounds good, what kinda snacks do you like? Soda, water or what to drink? I'll be up and ready to go! I lost all my trout gear in the off season, can't figure out where I stuck it all so I pretty much started over this year and got a nice little tackle box set up. Even bought a new ultra light the other day, got a nice 5'6" IM7, sweet action on it hope I hook into one of those surplus Steelhead they threw in there.

J
JayAre
might have to check it out tomorrow...bought a tin boat, and I gotta get it out on the water :D

I take it the roads are ok. I have a truck but would be towing the boat on a small trailer

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
JayAre said:
might have to check it out tomorrow...bought a tin boat, and I gotta get it out on the water :D

I take it the roads are ok. I have a truck but would be towing the boat on a small trailer

Ya the road is good to go. There are a few pot holes you gotta watch out for. Other than that just watch out for log trucks. There are millions of tiny trout in there and some huge surplus steelhead. Not many decent sized trout.

J
JayAre
Had a lot of fun today. Started out with some sand shrimp and bobbers, got a lot of bites, but couldn't hook any. Hooked on some lures and started trolling a little bit, then stopped at the south end to cast and reel...First cast out was with my wife's pole so I could show her how to do it, and whadya know, hooked our first one. Ended up catching several of those small guys, all with dark lures, but my wife caught a nice rainbow on a silver kastmaster.

Tons of big steelhead jumping all over the place. That was awesome to watch. Saw one guy out there that landed one of em.

Here's a couple of pics...

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Throbbit _Shane
That looks like a really nice place :) cool pics and report