Tennants

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Been having a rough go for the last few months and have pretty much lost my desire for fishing, well that and the price of gas. have not even fired up the engines on my boat yet. Went out today and found out I have new tenants so have to wait until they move before I can use my ladder.

1653094945299.png

Reactions: NKlamerus
S
sixteenvolt
Spring is a time of growth and a chance for all of us to refresh a bit. Take care of these birds while they need it, and do what you can to take care of yourself. That was a rough winter and the cold is lingering. As I get older I'm appreciating spring with greater revere since it's clear that I need to make the most of 'em.

Reactions: Vintageflyguy
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I thank you for the kind words, the birds will be welcome till they leave the nest. There will be little if any refreshing as there is a big hole in me.

S
sixteenvolt
Literal or figurative?

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I hesitate to say this but I lost my girl friend, best friend and wife last Feb. Married 54 years this month, sweethearts for about 58 years.

Reactions: NKlamerus
troutdude
troutdude
So very sorry DLC. Hang in there my friend.

troutdude
troutdude
P.S. so good of you to take care of your new tenants.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Diamond Lake Charlie said:
I hesitate to say this but I lost my girl friend, best friend and wife last Feb. Married 54 years this month, sweethearts for about 58 years.

Sad news DLC.............................................My condolences to you and to yours!

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Thank you for the kind words. I used to call her while fishing on the lake for advice, which often worked

Reactions: DOKF
S
sixteenvolt
58 years is a long time! No shame in feeling sad about losing the person most important to you; it won't define who you are as a person. If you feel ready again to sink a line into the water, remember some of her sound advice :)

• Love
Reactions: troutdude
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I found out something yesterday. A little while ago I went to the annual VVA dinner, and while there one of the members was talking about the scholar ships they were giving away to the schools. I don't know what made me do it but something made me stand up and buy two more scholarships. As it worked out those two scholarships are going to the school she graduated from in 67. I was with a female vet and later ask her what made me do that and her answer was my wife. So the first Sunday in June they are giving away $1000 worth of scholarship in her name. I have pretty much made up my mind to give two more each year as long as I can, in her name.

Reactions: troutdude, sixteenvolt and DOKF
S
sixteenvolt
Between the young birds and the young students, you're doing some good in the world and leaving a lasting mark :)

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I went out today to show the nest to my neighbor and I have TWO NEW TENANTS IN THAT NEST. Only thing is to get in my boat I have to have a ladder, so there is a brand new one at my boat. Once the nest is MT I am going to bring it inside.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
When I first put this house in, part of the upper lawn decided it was beginning to flow into the structure of the house so I did some work and using the 85 lb blocks I was able to erect a 4 foot wall 6 ft average from the side of the house. Over the years age has caught up with me so I built some strawberry boxes out of 2 x 12 cedar and now part of those boxes are turning into feeding stations for different critters. My chair sets about 5 ft from the wall and there are three good sized windows. So with a minor amount of energy expenditure on my part I can watch the Humming birds, Pacific wrens, silver squirrels, Morning doves, 3 different types of blue Jays, Band Tailed Pigeons, a couple different types of woodpeckers and various other small birds feed through out the day. To many this might not mean a lot, however one of my early goals in life was to be a game bio. Because of other goals arising and injuries, during life I just never made it. However it did give me a better understanding of them and I enjoy watching them more. The one problem I have is a adult silver who is not shy and while feeding has a tendency to raise his tail and expose himself. Now the only thing I will tell you is he is a full adult mature male and I will leave the rest to your imagination,

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
My tenants in nest have left and after a while to make sure they were gone I pulled the nest off the ladder and it is now setting on a window sill in my living room. as for fishing at the lake, well I have been up twice with friends and did a total of two fish but I can honestly say I was not skunked either day.